Ever get the urge to say LOL in real life

jenic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Until yesterday i thought it was just me but i was talking to a couple of mates and they both say they often have the urge to just say it out loud in normal conversation. I havent done it yet but i bet i do soon lol.

I think that 'LOL' is one of the most overused, insincere and annoying expressions ever to have inflicted itself on internet discussions - seperseded only by ROTFL and LMAO.

If I'm ever with someone and I laugh out loud they would generally notice. And if I don't I see no reason to suggest that I am.

LOL :rotfl:

Nope , but do use RTFM , NFI and SOCP on occasion

Is the second one 'No Idea'?

If it is then I have NFI what the third one is.

Interested,mostly :D .
I'll keep the other to myself for a while :smashin:

A TLA using FTW letters (but in a different order, backwards actually) is removed by swear filter. but RTFM is not....go figure?

Nope , but do use RTFM , NFI and SOCP on occasion

Ship Operations Cooperative Program
(Little bit freaked out by the live footage on their homepage)

Sumatran Orangutan Conservation Programme
Sex Offender Commitment Program

I really can't see how you can drop SOCP casually into a conversation! :confused:

Anyway, back OT. A friend of mine said it and it was a bit of a conversation killer really because the rest of us just looked at her in disbelief. None of us were ROTFLMAO or even L we were just a little bit :rolleyes:.

Cheers
Moosh

Anyway, back OT. A friend of mine said it and it was a bit of a conversation killer really because the rest of us just looked at her in disbelief
so how did she actually say it
- as mentioned in my earlier post, was it "L-O-L", "LOL" (rhymes with doll) or "laugh out loud"?

Does it matter, it's still sad :/

Aye, RTFM contains the same word as W.T.F. and even has its own smiley, like you said. So why is W.T.F removed?

read the flipping manual is not offensive.

The other one is rude.

Aye, RTFM contains the same word as W.T.F. and even has its own smiley, like you said. So why is W.T.F removed?
Because the censoring system is F inconsistent :)

depends where you were educated. I would never tell my parents to 'read the manual' in the way you suggest :)

so how did she actually say it
- as mentioned in my earlier post, was it "L-O-L", "LOL" (rhymes with doll) or "laugh out loud"?
I'm wondering the same thing. It makes little difference though, as any of the options would make them sound like an imbecile.

I saw someone in a winebar the other day saying "Lol" and doing the fingers in the air quotation marks thing.

An orderly queue was then formed to slap him senseless.

Love being English. I might try being Amish, then I can call other people "English".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom