Ever bought a 'Repair' receiver from Richer Sounds?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by stringsonfire, Aug 17, 2012.

1. stringsonfire

stringsonfire
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They're offering me a Denon 1912 for £250, but it's been given to them on a repair pallet to sell. This means it could have had any repairs done to it, or it could have been a no-fault. Apparently hey only come with 3 months warranty, but they said they'd do the normal 5 Year warranty for £25.

Has anyone any experience buying a 'repair' receiver from Richer Sounds? Is it still ok/should I use it to haggle?

Thanks!

2. keen4av

keen4av
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

My understanding is that these are returned by customer with a fault and repaired on site and re-sold (although they would be an authorised dealer to carry out such repairs) . I would personally stay clear of them. You may pay less now, but the heart ache if/when it goes wrong prob isnt worth it. I would also quiz them over the extended warranty. You may have to read up specifics of what it covers and whether or not it covers reconditioned items.

The three month warranty (for me) is a give away. that just tells me to stay the f away.

Good luck.

3. stringsonfire

stringsonfire
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't go for it in the end, got a new RX-V673. Thanks for the advice :)