Events getting cancelled. Confirmed and speculation.

Lostsoul 301281

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve just seen that this year E3 has been officially cancelled.
The ESA put out a statement
”After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry – our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners – we have made the difficult decision to cancel E3 2020, scheduled for June 9-11 in Los Angeles.
"Following increased and overwhelming concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we felt this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented global situation. We are very disappointed that we are unable to hold this event for our fans and supporters. But we know it’s the right decision based on the information we have today.

I’m starting to wonder what else will get cancelled.
There’s quite a few coming up this year, including gigs, festivals, MCM and LFCC comic cons, gaming expos such as EGX and EGX Rezzed.

Anyone planning on attending anything like that in the next few months, and if so do you expect them to be cancelled?

I’ve just seen that this year E3 has been officially cancelled.
The ESA put out a statement

I’m starting to wonder what else will get cancelled.
There’s quite a few coming up this year, including gigs, festivals, MCM and LFCC comic cons, gaming expos such as EGX and EGX Rezzed.

Anyone planning on attending anything like that in the next few months, and if so do you expect them to be cancelled?

I think EGX Rezzed has already been cancelled (don't quote me on that though!)

They’re still posting announcements on their site about what/who will be there.

Keep an eye on it if you're going, my industry mate said it was likely to be cancelled

See, this is the thing.
This is one of the soonest events(that doesn’t seem worded right😕) and if they are going to cancel they should be doing so now, instead of continuing to announce things.
It’s only 2 weeks away, whereas E3 has been cancelled now and that’s still 3 months away.

Yeah, this is word of mouth though and I'm only passing it on so every chance what I'm telling you could be wrong

A Plastics Recycling exhibition (it's how I roll) I'm due to go to in Amsterdam later this month has been cancelled.

It would be a shame to waste the flights and accommodation so I'm still going (no lockdown permitting).

And yet we are still told to go to work travelling on trains and tubes :thumbsup:

250,000 people will have visited Cheltenham Races this week. Only half way through with today and tomorrow still left to run.

Wonder why that’s not been cancelled?

I know it's only gaming, but I've seen today that TwitchCon has been cancelled.
As it's in Amsterdam, like the recycling exhibition, I'm not surprised.

A couple of days ago I saw that Gun N Roses have postponed a show in Costa Rica.

The Who have postponed their tour.

I have tickets for Doug Stanhope in October. Assuming it is all over by then...

Everyone that has common sense will be postponed.

E3 should just release their footage online. Its pathetic to even risk it for a tech event.

Sony & Nintendo have already shown they don't really care for it.

I am supposed to be getting married in August at a music festival, even though its five months away have a feeling it may be cancelled to

My gigs for this year are dropping like flies - the first to go was Sons of Apollo, which was cancelled the same day I bought the ticket :facepalm: I'm certain Faith No More and Guns N' Roses will be axed next, and fully expect the whole Hyde Park event, that Pearl Jam are doing one day of, will also be canned. Aerosmith goes without saying, as all the members are in the at risk age group!

gig list.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom