1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVENT update 3 I think.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    LATEST NEWS: Accomodation ++++++++

OK, I've checked to see who will do group discounts nearby. Some would, some would not. It seems that for the cheapest deal you should all call.....

Hotel Ibis in West Regent St Glasgow....tel: 0141 225 6000
    £35 per room per night Sat and Sun. It's the same per room for either a single or double bed and it's PER ROOM not per person.... No breakfast or anything like that but you do get en-suite bathroom, Sky TV etc. .The Hotel was only built 6 months ago so it should be pretty good nick. The shop is 1-2 minutes away, possibly less if you walk/stagger quick.

If you prefer a slightly higher class of hotel then I'd suggest The Malmaison in West George St, Glasgow. They have a nice restaurant and bar and it's even closer to the shop. Call them on 0141 572 1000.....£110 per night for double room...7 rooms free for that weekend at present.

ONCE AGAIN PLEASE NOTE I'M NOT BOOKING ROOMS. You need to do that yourself.

Now on to the Event....I've been haggling in the background and I have secured some prizes for a Quiz we're going to have...... Oooooohhhhh!!!!

Yes control yourselves...so far we have X10 lighting and IR interface....Lutron dimmer....and something rather special that you'll find out about nearer the time. Lighting products courtesy of me and StereoStereo, something special courtesy of one of our guests. I will be the quiz master. Of course I like an easy life so I'll be wanting everyone to submit questions to me. Ones which I feel folk have half a chance of answering and which there will be no debate about the answer will be used in the quiz. So you should at least be able to get one answer right :) Those folk whose questions get used will have their names put in a hat and one will get a prize....don't know what but I'll think of something worthy!

Ideally we are looking for questions in the categories on the forums. IE Equipment, DVD's, Film and TV, stuff......The questions I will be setting will probably be about the things I'm going to show you and Buffy! hahaha.

Please submit your Questions to my new email address, not the gdfraser one.
    convergentav@btinternet.com

You don't have to be going to the event to enter the competition to submit a question. You are however only allowed one question. PUT QUIZ QUESTION in the title of the email if you are NOT attending.

Also I just want to say that it's looking like it's going to be a busy fun day. Lots more folk coming than I had presumed. The date is DEFINATE August 26th. I'll be working on an intinery next along with maps to the shop and to the shopping for partners.

More news when it happens.....get thinking guys.

Gordon
    Convergent AV

P.S. DON'T FORGET TO SEND THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION!

Also if you are reading this in the HCConline BB and you haven't received the same text in an email then you are stil not on my list. If you want to come email me at ConvergentAV@btinternet.com

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Questions Questions...Don't be shy. Send them in. We want folk to think, I don't want to think. I need more or you are all going to end up as authorities on Season3 Buffy rather than projection technology....

Gordon

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Hmm, a bit too pished to think of anything at the moment - I'll have a try tomorrow. Besides, I might actually have a chance at doing well in a quiz about Buffy. No more questions, please, Gordon's got all he needs...

;)