event horizon blu ray 30/12

Water your plants

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been waiting for this to be announced!! finally can upgrade from my copy from sky movies :thumbsup: US release date 30/12 - paramount. definite pre-order for me.

Definite pre-order for me too, brilliant film

hated it the first time i saw it.......but its grown on me big time. felt it was an excellent sci fi / horror B movie, bit of a guilty pleasure. but with all the crap that has hit our screens since in this genre this film to me is a classic!!

Excellent:D
Cant wait for this title:) thanks for letting us all know.
Best Regards
Nick.

Must buy for me as well :thumbsup:

really looking forward to this. One of the best soundtracks on SD, I can only imagine my subs getting a hammering from this :thumbsup:

I thought it was a OK film the first time I saw it, I saw it a second time and loved it! A definite buy for me.

If we get a descent Transfer, then the Audio atleast should be demo material as its pretty good on SD.
Great Film Cant wait.
Best Regards
Nick.

I thought it a genuinely frightening film despite the ludicrous situation of the captain of the Event Horizon speaking in Latin:D
The scene where the lights go out when Sam Neil is in the duct attempting to make a repair and his dead wife (with her eyes gouged out?) decides to make an appearance really chilled me.:)

Definite buy for me, its the under rated Sam Neil that really sells it "Where we're going we won't need eyes to see". It would be nice if they could issue it in the novelty plastic pack that the last version was in

any news on the extras, the cut, whether it'll have the extended version which seems impossible to get hold of ?

any news on the extras, the cut, whether it'll have the extended version which seems impossible to get hold of ?

I think I read somewhere that it won't be the infamous (does it actually exist:rotfl:) extended cut but I can't remember where or when:suicide:

I acutally thought it was a pile of cack when I first saw it but it has since grown on me and i'd definately buy it on HD. Space films nearly always look awesome in HD and the soundtrack should be fab too:thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I hate this film...... scared me to death watching it for the first time, with parents out, in the dark, with volume up, and sat 4 ft from the 36 CRT widescreen when I was about 14.

Definate buy for me then :D

Remember going to see the film at the Showcase Cinema. The opening scene with the 'Event Horizon' in low orbit above Jupiter looked great on the big screen.

Remember going to see the film at the Showcase Cinema. The opening scene with the 'Event Horizon' in low orbit above Jupiter looked great on the big screen.

You mean Neptune ;)

I've never seen this, somehow it passed me by, I had it down as a stinker that should be avoided, but many seem to rave about it!

Great movie, one of the few Laserdiscs I still watch occasionally! Maybe time to double-dip!

Great film and got the cd music score too :cool:

Will defo be good to pump the volume up on this one .. which is kind a strange thing to say for a horror film aint it :)

Event Horizon blu ray specs :

* 1080P Widescreen
* English 5.1 Dolby TrueHD
* English, French and Spanish DD5.1 Surround
* English, English SDH, French, and Spanish subtitles
* Commentary by Director Paul W.S. Anderson and Producer Jeremy Bolt
* The Making of Event Horizon – 5 Documentaries
* The Unseen Event Horizon with Director Commentary
* The Point Of No Return: The Filming Of Event Horizon with Director Commentary
* Secrets with Selectable Director CommentaryTheatrical Trailer (HD)
* Video Trailer

will definatly be picking this up, always liked the film even though it gets slagged off alot

An instant pre-order. Love it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom