Evening with Kevin Smith 2 update

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Artwork and confirmation of extras added to Evening with Kevin Smith 2

More...

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
What a fantastic idea (pity the doctors and nurses who saved his life didn't think of it).

Intercessory prayer has proved very effective with high school shootings and natural disasters.
Kevin on the backlash;
“Poor Chris Pratt, one of my favorite actors on the planet, fudgeing put up a nice tweet, saying, ‘Hey man, I don’t know you that much, but I love Clerks and I’m praying for you,’ and, apparently, some people were like, ‘fudge your prayers,’ and attacked him and sh-t. And then [Guardians of the Galaxy director] James Gunn had to jump in and be like, ‘Ain’t nothing wrong with praying for a person, man.’ Number one, oh my God, thank you to Chris Pratt. How sweet was that? Star-Lord praying for me.”
“But number two, yeah, please don’t fight over stuff like that. It’s a waste of time. Prayer, whether you’re religious or not, somebody saying, ‘I’ll pray for you,’ it’s good-intentioned, it’s very nice. Especially because it’s not like Chris Pratt was like, ‘Move over, I’m going to reach my hands over into his chest and save him, save fudgeing Silent Bob’s life myself.'”

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Nothing wrong with the well-meaning sentiment, but he should have left it at: "I'm praying for you buddy". Instead he's peddling 'the healing power of prayer' which is proselytising of the worst kind and leads to the kind of thinking that can sometimes cost lives through inaction.

I like the guy as an actor, but Chris mate; keep the god-bothering to yourself.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
he should have asked for the healing medicinal vibes generated by changing your facebook profile picture to a pic of Kevin Smith (for a minimum of 3 days or it doesn't work) if he really wanted to get him back on his feet

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom