1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVEN more questions about plasma connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Hertfordshire1, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Hertfordshire1

Hertfordshire1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone whole replied on my other thread.

However, as a result I have a few more questions?

The dvd connection seems simple - the player has component video out, and I understand this will give me the best possible picture.

The digi box has the following outouts - composite video and rgb out.
    I've been advised to use a rgb to vga converter (but understand that this means I can't use just mode)?
    What the hell is just mode all about????

I also assume that by plugging my video into the digi box via scart, I will get the video on the plasma when the digi box is switched off????

Can anyone also recommend what leads I should buy, as all my equipment is one one side of the room, and the plasma is going to be wall mounted above the fireplace, and so I assume these cables need to be a fair length??

Cheers

Steve:rolleyes:

2. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    JUST mode stretches a 4:3 picture to fit on the full screen width but it does it "intelligently" so that it is less obvious than a basic stretch (the sides are stretched more than the middle so it's less noticeable).

As for cables, I got decent custom length ones from:
    http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/
    Very happy with service and quality of cables.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    If you route the output from the Digibox to a RGBtoVGA box and at the same time loop the VCR through the Digibox then you will NOT get a signal on from the VCR on the Plasma.

If you are using a RGBtoVGA convertor and going in to plasma on PC input then you should use seperate feed to the composite video input on the display from the VCR.

As someone has already mentioned "just" is a linear stretch mode that tries to keep the central area of the image geometrically correct but stretches the sides to fill the screen. It can look fine on things like the news but on material where there is moevement across the screen it looks...well...wrong..

Gordon