Eve Online

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
two quick questions...

1. How many of you have played Eve Online and what do/did you think of it?

2. Starting from scratch, what would I need in the way of peripherals to begin playing a MMORPG?

thanks for your help.

Monty Burns

1 - you know my feelings on it :thumbsup:

2 - You don't need anything other than a p3, 256 meg of ram and a geforce 2 or better .... plus the usual mouse, keyboard etc. Told ya it was written for low spec, yet somehow still looks stunning! :smashin:

3 - Peripherals you don't need but are usefull - a microphone. Teamspeak really does make combat in groups a lot safer, not just in Eve but in most MMO's.

*edit* Oh .. the GFX card must support T&L, don't worry yours almost certainly will!

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Yeah I'm very tempted as it looks like my kind of game but I don't have hours and hours to sita and play, maybe 2/3 hour blocks a couple of times a week.

Plus I need to know whether it is the right thing to do as £9.00 per month subscription will make it the most expensive game I ever bought...

Oh yes, one other thing, where would I get the game from? the onlines stores seem to be sold out and for some reason there aren't many on ebay and they are all at around £8.00 inc. postage.

Monty Burns

You download it direct from the Eve-Online website. The client is free!!!! However they charge x Euro's to setup an account ;)

I used to play solidly which enabled me to drop down to "a couple of hours a week" as I had earned the equipment to make money. As in real life money makes money in Eve. It will be hard to start if you can only give it 6 hours a week.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
I notice on the website that they have different subscriptions for it...I could give it a 3 month trial and knock it on the head if I felt I couldn't give it the attention it deserves...I guess I'll never know unless I try it.