Evade's set up

evade

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I thought it was time to post a few piccies up of my lounge.

Still not sure about the wall colour, it was a dark red but is now, well according to the paint tin "Irish Coffee"? :)

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

1-1.jpg

6.jpg

4-2.jpg

You'll have to excuse the camera quality (old temperamental thing that it is:))

Equipment

Yamaha RX-V1800 (AV Amp)
Yamaha YST SW90 (Sub)
Sony 40X2000 (TV)
Sony PS3
Microsoft Xbox Elite + HD DVD drive
Nintendo Wii
Toshiba SD330E
Sega Dreamcast
Mission M73 (Floorstanding), M7DS Biopole (rear), M7C2 (center)

Dell Dual Pentium 3.2ghz

Updated 17/11/08

IMG_0162_2.jpg

IMG_0166_2.jpg

IMG_0177_2.jpg

IMG_0156_2.jpg

IMG_0160_2.jpg

IMG_0193_2.jpg

IMG_0161_2.jpg

IMG_0157_2.jpg

IMG_0176_2.jpg

IMG_0181_2.jpg

IMG_0195_2.jpg

IMG_0153_2.jpg

Equipment

Yamaha RX-V1800 (AV Amp)
Yamaha YST SW90 (Sub)
Sony 40X2000 (TV)
Sony PS3
Microsoft Xbox Elite
Nintendo Wii
Toshiba EP-35
Sony Vaio VGXTP3E/B (PC)

Kef IQ5se (Floorstanding),Kef IQ6c (center) M7DS Biopole (rear),

Last edited:
very, very nice setup nice and clean, where did you get the 3 canvas piccys from (the 3 that make 1 american scene?) as id love to get something like that for my lounge.

regards
jason

:) Yep can't leave out the Dreamcast, Rez, Daytona USA and Crazy Taxi...........classics :smashin:

Shame my VGA box is playing up at the moment :thumbsdow

:D

The Media centre is okay, I haven't really used the Media centre ap for a while now. I keep toying with the idea of ripping my DVD collection to hard drive and re ripping my CD's into a lossless Flac (but haven't had much luck yet). Also I need to sort out the sound card as my Trust soundcard even though it has an optical and coaxial output dosen't output DD5.1 through them :(

The ironic thing is 18 months ago all I had was the Xbox hooked up wirelessly for my media needs, now I have 3 devices (PS3, Xbox & PC) all capable of media streaming vying for the chance :)

Good to see another person with the Star Wars trilogy 15th anniversary plates! Wonder how much they are worth these days?

Impressed with the AV set up as well :smashin:

Also I need to sort out the sound card as my Trust soundcard even though it has an optical and coaxial output dosen't output DD5.1 through them :(

Are you sure? I'd be very surprised if it didn't at least pass through DD/DTS through SPDIF. Look for the option in the software you use. Encoding DD on the fly is a different can of worms though.

Good to see another person with the Star Wars trilogy 15th anniversary plates! Wonder how much they are worth these days?

Impressed with the AV set up as well :smashin:

Ah well spotted oh eagle eyed one :)

Do you think my Star Wars Chubbies will be worth anything one day :D

darth.jpg

obi.jpg

Are you sure? I'd be very surprised if it didn't at least pass through DD/DTS through SPDIF. Look for the option in the software you use. Encoding DD on the fly is a different can of worms though.

I seem to remember exploring all avenues for DD at the time even downloading some file/codec from the thread in the PC section but to no avail.

But then again the card only cost £15 so maybe I was expecting to much, from something so cheap :)

Looks great that matey. That screen isnt half nice! Loving the clear surround on it!

Question: Are the monitor and TV connected to the HTPC using dualview? If so, im assuming that its extended desktop?

Looks great that matey. That screen isnt half nice! Loving the clear surround on it!

Question: Are the monitor and TV connected to the HTPC using dualview? If so, im assuming that its extended desktop?

Yep I'm using dualview & extended desktop the PC is connected straight to the TV via a DVI-HDMI connection and the monitor via VGA.

I had great fun guess-timating the correct length of the super VGA lead between the two plus squeezing the non flexible lead behind the skirting board (along with the rear speaker cable and telephone line) my neighbours loved me channeling out my (very) hard wall with a comb chisel and angle grinder :D

Nice setup Evade, especially like the monitor next to your sofa. :thumbsup:

Next time we play online if we need to check anything on the web we will get you to do it mate seeing as it is so close to you. :rotfl:

Love the new york picture and the clean look you have, so tell us how long did you take to tidy up before you took any pics? :p

Nice setup Evade, especially like the monitor next to your sofa. :thumbsup:

Next time we play online if we need to check anything on the web we will get you to do it mate seeing as it is so close to you. :rotfl:

Love the new york picture and the clean look you have, so tell us how long did you take to tidy up before you took any pics? :p

:D Good point Morb, I know on Sunday I was frantically bringing up the race details to see what cars we where using (not that it did me any good :))

As to you implying that I had some huge major clean up before taking the pictures I'm offended ;)

:thumbsup:

Well done :thumbsup:

Very clean and tidy, great job! I do like the small LCD screen!
Does the room sound bright with wood flooring? Once I put a rug in my room it had improved the sound a lot!

Very clean and tidy, great job! I do like the small LCD screen!
Does the room sound bright with wood flooring? Once I put a rug in my room it had improved the sound a lot!

Hi Eomer,

Thanks for your comments, with regard to the room sounding bright, I haven't really found it to be, you'd think it should be what with the flooring and hard furniture.
I did think about getting a rug in the past, but now with the big coffee table in place I'm kind of out of space in front of the fireplace to put one down.

:)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Wicked setup there !

Would it be of any advantage to you to perhaps move the PC out of view ? IMO it seems out of place alongside the rest of your setup....

I can't :D

Well not unless I start ripping off skirting boards, which I don't fancy.
What I really need is one of those HTPCs slipped into the rack.

:)

Is the resolution/settings setup right for the htpc? looks like theres is an inch border around the picture.

Is the resolution/settings setup right for the htpc? looks like theres is an inch border around the picture.

I know it gives the impression that it is from the photos, but there is an inner black bezel before the main silver surround. I have the screen running at 1080p via powerstrip and the TV set to full pixel :)

tv.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom