Eurovision 2019 - did you?

When In Rome

Ex Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity.

A rare Saturday night at home and it just happened to be on. :rolleyes:

After Would I Lie To You, that's what did it.

The second song just now was a right old din - from Albania.

We need to talk about Eurovision.... no we DON'T! :rotfl:

But if anyone does, you can tell us when it was you last bothered.

When I got to the age where I realised it was just a political and bullshit slap on the back I stopped watching.

So that would have been when I was 9 years old then ;)

Oh I think most do know the agenda - it ought to be classified as a comedy really.

Or I could get warning points for making this thread.

The 'talent' is just so poor year after year, there's been nothing fantabulous since Abba or Brotherhood Of Man or Sandie Shaw or... Johnny Logan!

Forward Russia!

Ok, it’s on, but I’m not watching it honestly. Wifey, daughter and I have started a conversation. If somehow, we won it at some time, who would we have as hosts?

I’m watching it. Some home made pizza, a few beers and it is a right laugh.

Then at 2:30am a live stream from EDC Las Vegas for some proper music.

I know its prob been explained a hundred times but how the hell is Israel, Russia & Australia in it?
Oh my the Danish entry is poor. The Russian entry is suitably serious. Thunder, lightning, flying ICBM's. Ok made that up.
Are San Marino taking the pee. Na na na?

Anyway, comedy gold for sure, I'm not wasting bandwidth copying and pasting every bleedin' entry - I'm sure when something astonishing happens we can laugh about it. From what I remember the whole shemozzle goes on for about two hours before the rigging... sorry, I mean the voting takes up another hour of your life that you'll never get back.

Never knew Macedonia was divided into north and presumably south? Oh theres a Eurovision app. Must download it.....Not!

Watching (on in background) whilst reading this thread. I’ve heard better singers on X factor. Don’t know why we bother. We could have the best song in the world (tenacious d) and we still wouldn’t win.
Bring back lordi I say.

Commentators are brilliant so real and believable :rotfl:

Sadly it's on here. It's vaguely entertaining if you like camp and have enough alcohol.

The Sweden one's not too shabby I suppose. Sometimes you get an alright tune but the lyrics are usually lame. I wonder if Graham Norton really likes doing it - he wouldn't have to given the money they get paid for talking over everything.

From a few years ago, the butter churning.

Slovenia, the guys strumming a guitar but theres no guitar in the song. What a hype!

Horrendous.

Cyprus is looking up tho :laugh:

I don't know what our (England or Great Britain or whatever it is... United Kingdom Nil Point that's it) song is TBF - didn't we get as low as four points one year? I seem to remember our entry had no votes at all for the first half hour!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom