Eurovision 2009 - We aint got a chance!

IanW

Just heard the Eurovision song for 2009. . . . we are stuffed!

[FRENCH ACCENT]Nill Points![/FRENCH ACCENT]

IanW

Don't get me wrong, the girl can REALLY sing. But then so can Andy Abrahams, and I thought that last years song was a lot better.

Ian.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Yeah, it's an appalling song. Got 0 points written all over it I'm afraid.

Fen Star

This has nothing to do with eurovision we would never win no matter how good the song is all this has to to with is getting people to watch BBC 1 on a saturday its for ratings nothing more...

IanW

This has nothing to do with eurovision we would never win no matter how good the song is all this has to to with is getting people to watch BBC 1 on a saturday its for ratings nothing more...
Exactly, last years song was really pretty good, but because of the politics we are never going to stand a chance. Which is such a shame because I love and hate Eurovision. We always have a party with friends and love watching the acts, but when it comes to the voting we all get really :censored: off.

Ian.

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
This has nothing to do with Eurovision.

We would never win no matter how good the song is.
Agreed.

Unfortunately, we'll never win on merit.

The UK is so unpopular in Europe (for reasons that I'd rather not go into on this Forum) that we can forget about winning for the forseeable future. :lesson:

Wild Weasel

She's mixed race, so there goes the Eastern & Southern European vote in an instant anyway. :rolleyes:

I hate these kind of 'Whitney Houston' fog horn songs. That's not her fault though. She had the looks and voice for something better.

nwgarratt

I didn't see the programme but hasn't it still got to be written? I heard the lyric was going to be done by an American ! and Andrew Lloyd Webber just does the music.

IanW

Do we really care?

Cheers
Bri
Shame on you! :nono: Go and wash your mouth out! ;)

Have to say though I watched in on HD. . . . awesome PQ! :devil:

Ian.

Hades

Distinguished Member
I watched this series from the start, did a thread on it but it appeared I was the only AVF member watching it :D

Jade was a last minute replacement entry. They were trying to have a girl group, they had 2 to choose from and both were crap, so they ditched the idea.

Then from nowhere along came Jade. You could tell from that moment on she had been groomed to win, none of the other acts stood a chance. I said it from the start and I was not wrong either.

How those god awful bloody twins got that far was beyond me. To me they were totally out of tune and singing The Promise just proved it.

The song... well its bloody crap, especially when you think of all the hype this has received and the 2 people involved to write and compose it :rolleyes:

I will watch Eurovison in May, I always do, but we certainly won't be winning it.

Hades

Distinguished Member
Not 'into it' as you say... but just enjoyed watching it. Just gets me so bloody mad when people thing it was decided from a public vote.

It just like X-Factor you always have a good idea who will win...same with Britain's Got Talent and even Dancing On Ice already.

The way ALW commented to Jade each week just made it even more obvious that she was going to win.

brian s

Distinguished Member
The way ALW commented to Jade each week just made it even more obvious that she was going to win.

I was just about to say I have no idea what you're saying there but it's Andrew Lloyd Webber on about someone called Jade.

I was once at a concert where I was in punching distance of ALW.

:devil:
Bri

Hades

Distinguished Member
I was just about to say I have no idea what you're saying there but it's Andrew Lloyd Webber on about someone called Jade.

I was once at a concert where I was in punching distance of ALW.

:devil:
Bri
So what's your excuse Bri for not punching him then, apart from getting unwanted news air time :D

Hades

Distinguished Member
The winning song has got 117 comments on You Tube already and getting slated.

brian s

Distinguished Member
So what's your excuse Bri for not punching him then, apart from getting unwanted news air time :D

I didn't know much about him at the time and I'm a pacifist. Odd how that word has fist at the end.:D

It was at the Royal Festival Hall performance of Variations. I was a huge fan of the jazz-rock band Colosseum II who were at the heart of this reording/performance. It was the weirdest concert I've ever been to. Half of the audience were older people in their suits and ties into ALW and the other half were Gary Moore fans. Moore was the guitarist with Colosseum II and all of these biker types were there for him alone.

Webber loved the adulation of the suit and ties. He was so modest "not". The biker types coulndn't have cared less about him. When not on stage Webber was right behind me mixing the sound. His "girlfriend" was stunning in her minidress.

Best wishes
Bri

It was well odd.

bosque

Novice Member
This was clearly a spoof show sending up the dreadful acts on EuroVision, the guy who impersonated last year's "winning foreigner" was very funny, can't believe you guys have fallen for it :D

oldnewbie

Novice Member
This was clearly a spoof show sending up the dreadful acts on EuroVision, the guy who impersonated last year's "winning foreigner" was very funny, can't believe you guys have fallen for it :D
If only you were right :( As far as I'm concerned the savant that is Andrew Lloyd Webber cant write a song to save his life, And I cant understand how so many of the sycophantic backslapping lovies that herald his musicals as masterpieces of the stage and screen can carry on supporting his work when clearly it all sounds the same and follows a pre worked out formula :confused: We don't stand an earthly.

durable

Standard Member
Does anybody else reckon the whole thing was fixed from the start?

By now, the Twins will be back at Asda and Mark will be back on the sheep farm.

And what did you think of Lulu, complete with shades to hide the bags under her eyes? Somebody please tell her to retire.

The winning song could be a lot worse when you think of previous efforts...but I don't hold out much hope.

Hades

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

Humax launches AURA 4K Freeview Play Recorder
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Fyne Audio adds new standmounts to F1 speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mark Levinson expands 5000 Series with amplifiers and players
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton