1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurotech DVD recorder was £99 (bargain or rip-off)?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Waynej, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    Eurotech Home DVD recorder D4001

I ordered this product, they had it on offer for £99.99 at the time, it came through this morning, I havn't opened it yet as reading on the website, people have replied saying that there is no scart socket, and someone said you can get a scart to s-video cable, you people here seem to know what your talking about here, i mainly want it to replace the VCR for recording programs off of Sky TV, what do you people think i should do, send it back and get money back or keep it?

have a look at the site i ordered it from below and check out the details on it

http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Name=Eurotech+Home+DVD+recorder+D4001

2. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    You could just use a Scart to three phono lead.

3. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    I want the best possible connection to get the best quality out of it, im assuming a scart to s-video would be good to connect to the TV, but to record, I think a standard S-video cable should do it, to connect to the sky+ box then to the recorder, any other suggestions, also let me know what you think of the recorder

4. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I bought one of these a while ago.

I'm pretty sure it's got scart but wouldn't bet my life on it until I have a look.

I have it connected to SKY+ via S-Video cable and the quality is excellent.

This is superb value for money, but my only concern would be the noise of it. It's cooling fans sounds like a PC which doesn't bother me because I don't use it as my main player, and it isn't in the lounge, so 99.9% of the time it is in standby. It could just be mine that's loud though.

You can still unpack it try it and send it back in original condition under the distant selling act though. It really is a nice bit of kit, particularly for that money.

5. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just noticed your original post which said you are mainly going to use it to replace VCR in which case you'll be fine. I set mine up to 'copy; off SKY+ overnight so again, sound isn't a problem.

6. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +857
    Yeah cheers guys, it does have 1 output scart, which is used to connect to TV, whats the cheapest place i can get an s-video cable from to go from the recorder to sky+?

I havn't seen them in any shops near me, so i'll have to get it online.

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215