Eurosportplayer looks 'jerky' via Amazon 4K Firestick

Tried this? It might be a bit of a pain to go through it just for Eurosport output though.

That's interesting, thanks.

But that seems to be enabling a match between the Firestick and the TV, whereas what I'm talking about is a mismatch between the Eurosportplayer App and the Firestick?

Or in my case, is the Firestick simply enabling the mismatch between the App and my TV to be displayed, by producing the juddery motion?

I get what you’re saying. I’ve had this app on all other devices available and the fire stick is the only one that is jerky. It’s nothing to do with refresh rates. I just want Eurosport to clean the picture up a bit and make it run smoothly like every other video related app in the world. It’s the 21st century now you know, Eurosport!

Hi Jonny, thanks for your thoughts on this. Personally I'm not so sure that the issue only occurs with the Firestick: it might be just the Firestick of course, but in my particular case the devices I watch on are a phone with a 6" screen, a smallish laptop, and the Firestick which is plugged into a very big and very nice LG Oled telly (55"). So I wondered whether it's a problem across all of them, but just that it's easy to see on my big telly?
Another thing I would say is, that I have watched Prime and Netflix through the Firestick on the big telly, and the video quality of both of those is exemplary.
So I don't think it's a 'problem' with the Firestick per se, rather, perhaps a mismatch between it and the Eurosportplayer App?
I would also say that I have my telly set up with all the usual 'factory enhancements' turned off, motion smoothness (or whatever they call it) turned down to zero. So perhaps that's why my telly looks the worst, in addition to the screen size thing? Maybe it's just more revealing?
But like I say, Netflix and Prime on the Firestick - good, Eurosportplayer on the Firestick - bad.
I'm still confused o_O

Oh, something else I would say...I have also witnessed exactly the same thing watching TV on the big telly via my Virgin V6 box (which is basically a dead smooth combination and capable of stunning broadcast pictures). I'll be watching whatever channel, perhaps the News, and they'll go to their reporter in some or other location, doing a live report. There's that jerky motion again! Sometimes...

Another example: watching GBNews (let's not get into the politics! :D), every time they go to the Weather guy (who I suspect is in a remote studio, possibly appearing as an Outside Source to the vision mixer in the GBN studio, from the Met Office itself), there it is again! Full HD, but jerky movement. Exactly the same kind of effect. There's a mismatch somewhere, between two or more pieces of equipment.

Visually very annoying, to my eyes anyway, and I wish I knew what it was so I could give it a name and swear at it!

Agreed. You shouldn't really have to adjust your TV at all to watch any app. They should all work just as they are but I bought the Eurosport player app and I'm a massive fan of snooker and it's just irritating to watch as you're watching the balls around the table not running smoothly. I've used a chromecast to try and solve this issue and it works really smoothly but I'd really like to use only one device to rule them all! I guess what the other guys were mentioning was a refresh rate between 50hz and 60hz but that's another topic altogether and I can't understand why people try and put solutions on here when they haven't got the app and they don't really understand the problem. But for now I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one on here with this issue so it seems like a problem that Eurosport need to address.

Might just be the proliferation of the many and varied 'industry standards' since digital came along, causing mismatches?

Things are a lot more complicated now, since you wer either PAL, NTSC or Secam etc. You knew where you stood with them! o_O

Might just be the proliferation of the many and varied 'industry standards' since digital came along, causing mismatches?

Things are a lot more complicated now, since you wer either PAL, NTSC or Secam etc. You knew where you stood with them! o_O
Those were the days! Importing my NTSC laserdisc’s to get AC3 & uncut films. The BBFC were such dicks back then.

The latest video from AVForums

RESTORATION vs. REVISIONISM: At what point do 4K video and audio 'upgrades' cross the line?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom