Eurosport HD?

kevin_irl

Established Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Eurosport HD was supposed to be launching on the 25th of May which was yesterday. Is there any sign of it? Anyone have any info? I wouldnt mind watching this weekends Moto GP in HD!

It's launched and I watched it yesterday. however it's only as yet the international version that's in HD. It would be a very nice addition to Sky HD but i doubt it will happen until the British version is made into HD.

The Moto GP will not be in HD but will probably look very nice upscaled from widescreen.

I really wish sky would take in international version until the British version is available.

It's launched and I watched it yesterday. however it's only as yet the international version that's in HD. It would be a very nice addition to Sky HD but i doubt it will happen until the British version is made into HD.

The Moto GP will not be in HD but will probably look very nice upscaled from widescreen.

I really wish sky would take in international version until the British version is available.

How did you manage to see it??

Sky avoid any kind of competition to their own Sports channels, so they can continue charging us through the nose, so don't expect Eurosport HD to appear.:thumbsdow

Sky avoid any kind of competition to their own Sports channels, so they can continue charging us through the nose, so don't expect Eurosport HD to appear.:thumbsdow
Actually that's rubbish!

Sky are not allowed to pick and choose who goes in the EPG.

If Eurosport HD wanted to go into the EPG - that have equal right to a slot to a brand new Sky channel.

It is first come first served.

The fact that Eurosport HD is not broadcasting at the same satellite slot as the Sky channels - is by Eurosport's own choice.

Actually that's rubbish!

I agree with you about the rubbish bit!

In fact, as Sky seem to be aiming on using their HD channel choice as a clear "feature" over Freesat and Cable (and are aiming for 30 HD channels by the end of 2009), I would be surprised if they were not trying to actively entice Eurosport to start a "British Eurosport HD" channel

After all Sky have part of the £10/month HD subscriptions to offer channels they want!

If you look at the Eurosport schedules, there isn't really much to treat as competition.

If Sky wanted, they could outbid on almost anything.

I agree with you about the rubbish bit!

In fact, as Sky seem to be aiming on using their HD channel choice as a clear "feature" over Freesat and Cable (and are aiming for 30 HD channels by the end of 2009), I would be surprised if they were not trying to actively entice Eurosport to start a "British Eurosport HD" channel

After all Sky have part of the £10/month HD subscriptions to offer channels they want!

Okay I hope you're right. However, evidence seems to suggest otherwise.
Why hasn't Sky made more of an effort to get ITV HD if they are so interested in selling us HD over other alternatives?

Why hasn't Sky made more of an effort to get ITV HD if they are so interested in selling us HD over other alternatives?
ITVHD doesn't actually exist yet of course! (In the sense that it isn't formally launched). Also Sky only pay for exclusivity - which ITVHD cannot, of course, offer (unlike C4HD at present). ITVHD also have a stated aim of starting on Freesat only (for a few months??)

Having said that one newspaper article has said that Sky and ITV are talking - and that Sky may be willing to help ITV with some startup costs. What Sky won't do is pay any subscription income towards a FTA channel.

Some of those piccies have FullHD written on them - didn't think anyone was broadcasting in FullHD as 1080i certainly isn't FullHD imho.

Yeah it's only 1080i, Eurosport are just being naughty :)

To the guys using 'the right equipment' to get this and other channels, care to point me in the right direction? And how much should I be looking to pay for the kit etc?

Thanks

anyone heard any new dates on a launch?

Cheers

Actually that's rubbish!

If Eurosport HD wanted to go into the EPG - that have equal right to a slot to a brand new Sky channel.
Try telling that to Setanta.

Last year Sky blocked Satanta from starting Setanta HD by refusing to supply them with conditional access services.

Try telling that to Setanta.

Last year Sky blocked Satanta from starting Setanta HD by refusing to supply them with conditional access services.

Setanta and HD in the same sentence doesn't look right does it? :D

I didn't think Setanta had any immediate plans to launch an HD channel. Do you have a link to confirm that information?

I too didn't think Sky were able to pick and choose who can go into the EPG, providing a channel wants to be in it. ITV HD are choosing not to at the moment for example.

ATB

Max

That's Setanta's claim! A Sky submission to OFCOM says precisely the opposite.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom