Eurosport HD

Great looking channel, even the up-scaled stuff looks good, TDF looks great, especially the countryside and beach shots! Well done Eurosport - makes me feel like I'm getting my moneys worth now. :clap:

Full HD means it's in HD and not upscaled.
In TVs, including mine, Full HD means "includes 1080p".
How is Eurosport different about Full HD from other HD channels?

Moto gp should/is broadcasted in HD because if you subscribe to the Moto gp website you can watch all the action in high res 720 * 450. Very gutted that BBC now have the rights. I have been watching on Eurosport for many years now and it wont be the same unless we get Randy, Julian & Toby. What is worse that you can not record off interactive or be able to watch free practice. Does anyone know if the Beeb are going to show free practice and qualifying on bbc 3 etc ????

How is Eurosport different about Full HD from other HD channels?
Eurosport International is not a UK channel (thus times in CEST - except on the EPG). Presumably "FullHD" has a different meaning in other countries!

Moto gp should/is broadcasted in HD because if you subscribe to the Moto gp website you can watch all the action in high res 720 * 450. Very gutted that BBC now have the rights. I have been watching on Eurosport for many years now and it wont be the same unless we get Randy, Julian & Toby. What is worse that you can not record off interactive or be able to watch free practice. Does anyone know if the Beeb are going to show free practice and qualifying on bbc 3 etc ????

I think Moto GP is the same as F1 shot in HD but the feed allowed to broadcasters is SD.

As for practice on BBC 3 I doubt it...BBC 3/4 currently share time with CBBC/CBeebies so can't broadcast any longer than they do. They are looking to extend hours but this is meant to be for the teenage-focused BBC Switch strand.

are you telling me the MotoGP qualifying at Laguna Seca is SD upscaled? It looks fantastic! Perhaps the graphic overlays look a little soft, but the broadcast picture behind it is fabulous.

Fantastic effort for an unscaled picture, well done Eurosport :clap:

agreed MotoGP looks really good

What a excellent Moto GP race...Puts F1 racing to shame. Lets hope the BBC will show Moto GP and F1 in HD next season.

Not only did the MotoGP picture look great..what about the race..WOW!

Rossi and Stoner over the corkscrew into the gravel :eek:

I flicked back to BBC2 in the adverts and it looked like they had smeared vaseline all over the camera :( ...I really, really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope BBC stick MotoGP on the HD channel next year.
How can this happen, we just get what we want only for it to be snatched away; oh, cruel, cruel world!

Programme content on Eurosport is nothing to do with Sky.

Yes, I'm well aware of that, it's DORNA who make the decisions on who can broadcast MotoGP.

I seriously hope that the Beeb are going to show the whole deal when they have the exclusive rights, and not by the red button rubbish. The only problem with MotoGP is that to watch all the races takes up a lot of time, so I prefer to record them and watch later in the day, otherwise I end up doing nothing all weekend! :D

The race was fantastic at Laguna, a real battle between the 2 top riders. Shame about Casey outbreaking himself, it would have been interesting to see them both go to the flag. Julian, Toby and Randy were brilliant as always, and the picture quality was fantastic too. Did someone say upscaled?? Very impressive if it was!:thumbsup:

Had HD put in on Saturday. Didn't see the Moto GP but the TDF, the quality on that was just amazing. It's a shame the BBC are not taking HD seriously, they are going to have so many programs next year that would look amazing in HD. F1, MGP, Top Gear, Golf.

Have Eurosport actually lost the rights?

From the original article IIRC it said the Beeb had exclusive UK rights, so that would mean british eurosport would not be allowed to show it, but maybe Eurosport HD which is European would be? Here's hoping cause the upscaled picture was fantastic!

I so hope your right about it being a European channel so will still able to show it.
But did Rossi not say bye bye to eurosport during the 125s in Germany

Have Eurosport actually lost the rights?

From the original article IIRC it said the Beeb had exclusive UK rights, so that would mean british eurosport would not be allowed to show it, but maybe Eurosport HD which is European would be? Here's hoping cause the upscaled picture was fantastic!

http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/167397/motogp-coverage-on-eurosport-ends-for-2009

Nice thought, but yes, Eurosport are losing the rights. This would be why Julian and Toby have been saying they are out of a job at the end of the season.. :(

******** - that serves me right for being optimistic!

Hope the Beeb show F1 and motoGP in HD next year, bet neither are though!

1st of all an amazing race, if you missed it (and you like bike racing) you missed a real delight.

I thought the race image looked good but I was very disappointed with the qually footage.
Close-ups (the one of casey's left handlebar in particular) were some of the worst 'jaggies' I've seen in an age
(reminded me of a mk1 Playstation at it's worst).

Close-ups (the one of casey's left handlebar in particular) were some of the worst 'jaggies' I've seen in an age
(reminded me of a mk1 Playstation at it's worst).
I think it was just the onboard cameras that were only SD, while the track, pits, and heli cameras were HD.

Had HD put in on Saturday. Didn't see the Moto GP but the TDF, the quality on that was just amazing. It's a shame the BBC are not taking HD seriously, they are going to have so many programs next year that would look amazing in HD. F1, MGP, Top Gear, Golf.

Moto GP/F1 is very little to do with the BBC (or any broadcaster) and is down to whether Dorna/FOM allow an HD feed to the broadcasters AFAIK currently neither do, even F1InCinema is apparently only upscaled.

The next series Top Gear is apparently going to be in HD (according to Hammond's newspaper column) and according to people in the US next year's Open will be in HD with the BBC getting a new OB truck.

To say BBC are not taking HD seriously is rubbish...BBC Resources started investigating HD back in 1998...and produced the Blue Planet in HD back in 2001.

They have also pledged to produce all prime-time programming in HD by 2010. Only SKY have probably had more commitment, albeit with a commercial intent (and funding) behind it. The BBC are a publically funded organisation and have all sorts of hoops to jump through with any new service.

They could have spend fortunes producing anything and everything in HD now but would be met with tons of criticism for wasting money on something very few people have access to.

Last edited:
I missed it will it be repeated ?

The race on Eurosport was not in Hd though was it? I noticed the great picture quality over that on BBC 2, but the EPG had no HD logo and the "FULL HD" logo was not there either. didnt look like HD to me either compared to other stuff on Eurosport HD

The race on Eurosport was not in Hd though was it? I noticed the great picture quality over that on BBC 2, but the EPG had no HD logo and the "FULL HD" logo was not there either. didnt look like HD to me either compared to other stuff on Eurosport HD

You're right it was SD upscaled...I believe that Dorna (like FOM in F1) film it HD but only release a SD 16:9 screen to the broadcasters.

Oh it was another sd picture broadcast on a hd channel.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom