• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Eurosport; Can it be had FTA?

Sandy13

I'm not sure if the title is correct....I really wish to know if Eurosport is available without paying any extra? it's required in a room with a satellite receiver (no subs.) and a freeview box. I have it included in my Sky package, and realise multiroom is an option, but it doesn't warrant the extra expense for the amount of time it will be used, which is for ice skating, and the like. Cheers.:smashin:

NoDad

Yes, on satellite on 19.2 E (the old sky analogue satellite) but you'll have to put up with German commentary. Apart from that, it's identical. Unfortunately you cannot select the language you require, only German transmitted as an audio stream.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Eurosport is a subscription channel only in the UK.
The only free version I know of is from German providers on Astra 19E in both digital and analogue.
The analogue version only has the choice of an English soundtrack.
So, in your situation, the answer is no

Sandy13

Yes, on satellite on 19.2 E (the old sky analogue satellite) but you'll have to put up with German commentary. Apart from that, it's identical. Unfortunately you cannot select the language you require, only German transmitted as an audio stream.

You say I can get it on 19.2 E, I don't understand, does that mean a different dish?

Eurosport is a subscription channel only in the UK.
The only free version I know of is from German providers on Astra 19E in both digital and analogue.
The analogue version only has the choice of an English soundtrack.
So, in your situation, the answer is no

You say I can't get it at all!. re. the above? now I'm confused.:confused:

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Sorry, it wasn't meant to confuse.
You asked if Eurosport was available FTA.
The answers are as follows:
In the UK on Sky or Freeview - NO

It is available FTA on Astra 19E but your dish is pointed at 28E
The version available in English is only in analogue, your receiver is digital.
If you installed another dish pointed at 19E you could receive the digital version in German only, however Sky receivers weren't meant to do this and TBH it's not worth the hassle.

So, as I said, in your situation the answer is NO

NoDad

Just to add to that, the sly dish is too small for the 19.2E Astra satellite. You could fit another dish with 2 LNBs but things would get complicated.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom