Eurosport 4k for Olympics?

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
A bunch of new channels have appeared for Olympics on Eurosport (as discovery have the main broadcast rights). One of them is ‘Eurosport 4k’ on channel 523

it’s greyed out for me but all other Eurosport channels are available, as is BT sport ultimate (4k)

is this something that needs a tweak to my package (getting ultimate oomph activated on Friday) or a limitation of my V6 box? My understanding was the V6 could support all UHD channels and I like the Tivo software so am hesitant to go with a 360 box

rogercw

If you go to Help Home > Check for Missing Channels you should get channel 523. I get 2160p and HLG on this channel.

vsurresh

Novice Member
A bunch of new channels have appeared for Olympics on Eurosport (as discovery have the main broadcast rights). One of them is ‘Eurosport 4k’ on channel 523

it’s greyed out for me but all other Eurosport channels are available, as is BT sport ultimate (4k)

is this something that needs a tweak to my package (getting ultimate oomph activated on Friday) or a limitation of my V6 box? My understanding was the V6 could support all UHD channels and I like the Tivo software so am hesitant to go with a 360 box
I have the virgin 360 box and can get UHD HDR. Why don't you get the new box and replace the old V6. It's free of charge I believe.

I have the virgin 360 box and can get UHD HDR. Why don't you get the new box and replace the old V6. It's free of charge I believe.
The 4k channels are on the V6.....the software the 360 runs is arguably inferior to what the V6 uses,assuming it hasn't been 'updated'

vsurresh

Novice Member
The 4k channels are on the V6.....the software the 360 runs is arguably inferior to what the V6 uses,assuming it hasn't been 'updated'
I haven't used V6 so, can't comment on that. I haven't had any issues on the 360 so far, everything works smooth and fast. Why do you think it's inferior? What features are missing?

DavidT

I haven't used V6 so, can't comment on that. I haven't had any issues on the 360 so far, everything works smooth and fast. Why do you think it's inferior? What features are missing?
Where to start! The 360 firmware at present is vastly inferior to the Tivo firmware in the V6.

vsurresh

Novice Member
I never used the V6. So, what features are missing in 360 out of interest? I haven't had single issue so far, everything seems solid.

DavidT

There are numerous posts online here and on the VM Community forums detailing all the shortcomings, Google is your friend.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
according to the engineer that came, the 360 is the v6 box just with harmony software on it. I like the TiVo software and will keep it as long as possible

I got it working now although mostly a waste as the guide is terrible at telling you the actual sport and most of the time it has no commentary :(

DavidT

according to the engineer that came, the 360 is the v6 box just with harmony software on it. I like the TiVo software and will keep it as long as possible

I got it working now although mostly a waste as the guide is terrible at telling you the actual sport and most of the time it has no commentary :(
Correct, the 360 hardware is identical to the V6 hardware. The 360 runs software that has stripped out most of the V6 software functionality.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom