1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

European Union Distance Selling Directive

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by KAO, Apr 23, 2001.

1. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this is applicable to the UK (are they in or out of the EU these days?!) but it certainly applies to Germany. I've had several retailers in the UK and USA contact me in the past month or so informing me they will no longer supply to the EU as they cannot (or will not meet) the terms of the EU Distance Selling Directive, which came into force in May 2000. It may well affect people in Europe buying DVDs from the USA or elsewhere and having them shipped over.

For a bit more info, see here:
    http://www.ecic.ie/June/Distance_Selling_Directive.html

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Kao,

Which e-tailers have said to you they can't or won't ship DVD's to you?

I don't understand what the problem is, to be honest, with this new Directive. All it basically says is that the Customer should have a few more rights, which are hardly going to hamper things from the Businesses side of things, or are they?

I mean, if it wasn't for Customer "Personally importing DVD's via the Internet, then R1 DVD sales wouldn't be as high as they are now, and most of these Importation firms wouldn't be in existance!

Anyone else care to comment on this?

Pooch

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UK has implemented the distance selling rules as well.

I believe one new thing that it allows if for you to return (unopened) goods within 7 days with no need to give a reason and the retailer can't get out of this.