• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

European Tour Golf on Sky

KenjohnB

Just had a quick look at this on SSHD2 and, in my opinion, its not in HD, at least not up to the usual standard. Switching between this and SS2, there doesn't appear to be any difference in PQ. The Info Banner says HD but the Screen Logo just Says Sky Sports.

Anyoone else watching? What do you think?

Ken

badkarma

Much of the tour golf is in HD, i seen a good bit of the Italian open last week and the quality was very good.

It could it be that not all cameras are HD, or is it all shots ?

uno

I watched some of the coverage on Thursday and that was all in HD in fact all European tour golf thats in europe will be in HD it is produced by CTV ob of the UK and they have just had a new 32 camera unit built for this contract i think they use about 24 normally.

Just watched the recording from this afternoon on my Sky HD and it was definitly not HD today any of it I suspect they have had a problem with the HD uplink or the router in the OB unit

KenjohnB

I watched some of the coverage on Thursday and that was all in HD in fact all European tour golf thats in europe will be in HD it is produced by CTV ob of the UK and they have just had a new 32 camera unit built for this contract i think they use about 24 normally.

Just watched the recording from this afternoon on my Sky HD and it was definitly not HD today any of it I suspect they have had a problem with the HD uplink or the router in the OB unit

Thanks, Uno. Thank God for that. I was about to throw my TV/HD Box out of the window.

Would it be too much to ask them to put a message on the screen occasionally to explain and apologise, so that viewers don't start fiddling with their equipment (Ooooh, errrr, Missus!!!)

Ken

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom