European HD-DVD online retailers

mart1977

Novice Member
Does anybody know of a reliable website that sells European (French, German etc) HD-DVD's?

I have heard there is a French version of Total Recall in HD-DVD that i would love to get my hands on and no doubt there are other films that arent available over here yet.

Edit: also a good site that sells Jap versions of HD-DVD films would be good.

Avi

Distinguished Member
Does anybody know of a reliable website that sells European (French, German etc) HD-DVD's?

I have heard there is a French version of Total Recall in HD-DVD that i would love to get my hands on and no doubt there are other films that arent available over here yet.

Edit: also a good site that sells Jap versions of HD-DVD films would be good.
I've used yesasia.com for Japanese HD DVD and the service was very fast.

AVI

av addict

take at look at the xploited cinema web site-french releases
on there-i just ordered first blood and elephant man on the 24th dec just recieved today-great service:smashin:

av addict

yeah can't wait--one more working shift to go-will watch friday--:smashin:

mart1977

Novice Member
Ordered Total recall from there just. thanks :smashin:

If anybody else knows of any websites then please let me know.

bboy-mass

Novice Member
FB looks soft in places, but when its on the money its very sharp. Its just nice to have.

The other two Rambo films look better. I already have the DTS Tin of all the Rambo films, but they are Reg1 and I cant scale them. I would imagine FB would be the same scaled, but its the uncompressed Audio Im after.

BTW, just ordered Batman Begins. Surposed to be a ref disk? you got it?

R.
Nigel

Blu4KHD

Hi can anyone tell me if the audio on the Rambo films and Total recall is DTS True HD 5.1.

I have heard that the english language version is a normal DTS track and the DTS True HD is in french and German.

Thanks

lrbh

Novice Member
Isnt Xploitedcinema based in US? I think you're better off ordering it from amazon.fr. It costs about €31.25/$41/£21 including shipping there. Its in stock now. Xploitedcinema's is on back-order.

kaizer

Novice Member
Isnt Xploitedcinema based in US? I think you're better off ordering it from amazon.fr. It costs about €31.25/$41/£21 including shipping there. Its in stock now. Xploitedcinema's is on back-order.
only trouble with amazon.fr is that it's all in french :D

no seriously i've had a look on the french amazon but even with an online language translator tool I still can't navigate the site very well coz they only tend to navigate the first page your on, when you move to another page it reverts back to french..

anyone know of a decent language translator tool ?

Anders B

Standard Member
..Amazon.de have those french HDDVD:s too..King Kong 1976 should have spectacular pq but the price is yet too high €27+€7=€34 (some kind of tax fee?).

bboy-mass

Novice Member
play usa are now shiping usa hd.

Just purchased swoardfish,backdraft an van helsing. Packed up and shipped already.

As for DTS stuff, ive heared that the Tosh E1 has firmware inplace to decode DTS HD:thumbsup: from the start, so you just need to transport the packets from the tosh to your amp in losless form i.e. hdmi or 5 chan.

R.
Nigel
Brum

Wild Weasel

only trouble with amazon.fr is that it's all in french :D

no seriously i've had a look on the french amazon but even with an online language translator tool I still can't navigate the site very well coz they only tend to navigate the first page your on, when you move to another page it reverts back to french..
You can use your amazon.co.uk login, which is handy. The ordering & payment process is the same. The only thing I had to add was 'Angleterre' (England) to the bottom of the delivery address.

I ordered the Total Recall HD DVD from them last night and they've shipped it today. You could try putting a dummy order for something else on the UK site and click between them. That should give you some guidance.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Trending threads

Top Bottom