European Grand Theft Auto Delayed A Week!

Glad I ordered from Movietyme then :)

im sure loads of people will buy it, as its a well established game etc, but personally i find it repetetive and over hyped

The Americns are still getting theres tomorrow apparently so perhaps theres a shortage of umd's. I spose this'll give us a chance to check out US reviews of the game prior to purchase. Rockstar havent let me down yet so i expect good reviews.

Wrong its not delayed, it was a mistake and swearing removed that site jump on any rumour that they hear

I think the reason for delay is due to PSP stock shortages.
Lets face it over 60% of PSP owners will buy this game, the more PSP owners there are the more sales of GTA there will be. So I reckon sony have promised a huge shipment of PSP's this week and rockstar have delayed the release so that a lot of people will pop down to the shops and pick up a psp and a copy of GTA.

Amazon and GAME have changed their date to November 4th so it's looks like this is pretty much official.

hi chrislad , am i right in saying that you have order liberty city from movietyme???? if so has yours been shipped yet ???? mine is still sitting at order taken......... itching to play it !!!!

When will they learn?

Sony already have the easiest console to pirate games for since the Dreamcast and now they're giving people extra reasons not to go and buy the game.

Christ.

It makes sense to delay it I suppose, if the PSP is sold out now, they're going to be like gold dust once this is released.

BIGRED said:
hi chrislad , am i right in saying that you have order liberty city from movietyme???? if so has yours been shipped yet ???? mine is still sitting at order taken......... itching to play it !!!!

Mine is still sitting at Pre Book. I emailed them about it yesterday and they said it would be despatched from the US today. Depending on where they are shipping from, it's between 6am and 12pm, so if status hasn't changed by 10pm tonight, I'll email them again.

ah cool , this is my first order from movietyme , how long do deliveries usually take ? also with games do you usually get stung for import duty ??? i read on the movietyme web site that if you send the packaging with the import charges on it back to them they will refund you ......... that can't be true ? can it ???

I've ordered 3 things from them

Lost Season 1: Arrived a week before release date
Lois and Clark Season 1: Arrived after about 10 days
Bon Jovi - Have A Nice Day: Took about 10 days too, due to stock shortages

I suspect that if it doesn't ship today, you probably won't have it until close enough to the UK date.

craig, does order taken mean that liberty city is actually on pre order , ie will it get sent out today ???? whats that for :hiya: ??

Craig @ Movietyme said:

*waves back perplexedly*

*wonders if perplexedly is a word*

Any ideas when they're shipping, Craig?

oh now it says proccessing ???? do i have craig to thank for that or is it just a coincidence ???? :thumbsup:

I must say that it's not a game that I can be bothered with on the TV consoles but I bet that this will be pretty good on a handheld. One thing is for sure - this will shift PSP's like crazy!!

BIGRED said:
ah cool , this is my first order from movietyme , how long do deliveries usually take ? also with games do you usually get stung for import duty ??? i read on the movietyme web site that if you send the packaging with the import charges on it back to them they will refund you ......... that can't be true ? can it ???
My last order from Movietyme took just over 2 weeks to arrive but no doubt this was due to Royal Mail so you may get lucky and have it by early next week but the end of next week is more likely.

Also, yes its true but I havent yet had to pay customs on any item I have ordered which cost over £18 because all packages have been re-posted from either inside the UK or from somewhere in Europe, may take a little longer but definitely no customs to worry about.

I cannot post as this is not an MT forum and unfair to other sponors etc.
Just waving to say i am aware of this thread.

Feel free to PM me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom