European Elections - Anyone voting to "send a message"

Steve N

Distinguished Member
With the European Elections tomorrow how many will be tempted to vote for UKIP to "send a message" to the big two parties.
Love them or hate them, the rising popularity of UKIP does seem to have concentrated the minds of the big two parties on issues that were brushed under the carpet before.

thegeby

Shouldn't they do that at a general election? Looking at the present poll numbers the UK will be represented by about 2/3 of the parliamentarians that France or Italy gets, in an institution that Ukip claims is too powerful. As Ukip doesn't show up, this just weakens the UK voice. Membership of the EU is not going to be on the agenda of the EP...

Sonic67

Banned
As Ukip doesn't show up, this just weakens the UK voice.
If you don't think you should be in the EU how should you vote tomorrow?

UKIP isn't the only party that wants us out of Europe. It seems to be over 50% of parties standing.

thegeby

Haven't got the vote in the UK, but have voted, and yes, for an EU-positive party. (Most are, outside England.)

Iain42

Voting UKIP to send a message.

I'd like the EU to reform, if not I'd like to leave. Below I've attached a link to an excellent article. My take is we should live as friends with Europe, with free trade. What I don't want is for us to be governed by Germany or France or Italy etc., or any combination, neither do I want a say in how they are run. We are all different, with different languages and cultures, and that is one of the great charms of Europe.

I would also like to see immigration dealt with in a way that benefits those who have been brought up here, giving them preference for jobs over immigrants. I believe that this could relieve some of the cost of benefits, and also some of the pressure on our infrastructure. Obviously for jobs requiring special skills and ability, we should allow immigration, but with a points system like Australia.

Without reform, it would be best for Britain to leave EU - Telegraph

Sonic67

Banned

NewMan

Perhaps you should do a little research? Or are racists everywhere?
It's not his fault. The message is clearly still just filtering down from Labour HQ that it's now ok to talk about immigration without shouting everyone else down as racist...

sidicks

Banned
I trust you believe The Guardian.

Nigel Farage rejects offer of Ukip tie to French far-right Front National | Politics | The Guardian

BBC?

BBC News - Warfare between Eurosceptic camps: Le Pen v Farage

Farage is happy picking up votes from all over the place. In fact why align with far right parties in Brussels? There's the far right he could align with here. How is Farage and the BNP doing? Cordial relationship?

Perhaps you should do a little research? Or are racists everywhere?

He's still failed to explain which of UKIP's policies / issues / approaches are racist,yet keeps repeating the same stupid rhetoric.
:(

sidicks

Banned
the answer is to create a unified federal state with an elected president congressmen and senators and then shut that nutter up for good

The answer is NOT to accuse anyone with different views to you as being 'nutters' or 'twonks' but to examine what they say and refute those things you don't agree with using supporting evidence.

Either that or you 'shut up for good', we've heard your unsubstantiated, hypocritical nonsense already and don't need to hear it again!

logiciel

A vote for UKIP is a vote for the European far-right parties they align themselves with in Brussels.
The exact opposite of the truth.

MikeTV

Distinguished Member
"How to improve the European Union? By making it collapse. We brought the Berlin Wall down. I want to bring the Brussels wall down. I expect one thing only from the European system and that's for it to explode."

Does that sound like anyone we know? It's actually the words of Marine Le Pen - the leader of the French National Front. But it could have come out of the mouth of Nigel Farage.

Sonic67

Banned
The words of Bob Crow's daughter:

As my dad often said, the European Union is a threat to decent public services, real jobs and to the very concept of democratic control of the economy he passionately believed in.

Bob Crow was an internationalist who believed in fighting for equality, justice and against racism around the world. His solidarity didn’t stop at the borders of “Europe.”

No2EU » Bob Crow’s daughter to stand for No2EU

IronGiant

the answer is to create a unified federal state with an elected president congressmen and senators and then shut that nutter up for good
:eek: Don't say that: Stuart W practically worships the ground upon which he walks, you'll be slung out on your ear before you know it.

On second thoughts, carry on as you were... :devil:

;)

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
:eek: Don't say that: Stuart W practically worships the ground upon which he walks, you'll be slung out on your ear before you know it.

On second thoughts, carry on as you were... :devil:

;)
each to their own but to me he is a talking rage attack.Thank goodness he is constrained within the You Tube medium so cant do too much harm.I can stomach about two minutes of his diatribe then I go back and rejoin the ranks of the Guardian reading prickocracy :clap:

Last edited:

krish

Distinguished Member
FLOWCHART: Should You Vote Ukip?
Not sure whether Ukip should get your vote? Use our handy flowchart:
original_zps6e225479.jpg

Iain42

Pat Condell speaks some sense in this video on UKIP and the Euro elections...

Thanks Blackrod, just spent quite a few minutes listening to Pat Condell, loved his measured rant about Guardianistas and the BBC, he hit the nail right on the head, as he did in your link.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio