Europe Screws us yet again................

Pottsy said:
The EU also tried to "ban" all vintage cars a few years ago. They were considered to be unsafe, and so they instructed us to only allow them to be driven on organised events. Furthermore, they wanted tachograph equipment fitted on all of them to monitor their usage.

There are so many vintage car enthusiasts in the UK, that our government decided to do something about it. And they did. In France, for example, there are hardly any enthusiasts and they just let the EU loonies rule their lives.

yeh that made my blood boil it really did, and if they'd got away with it then id have been one of the many many classic car owners who spend thousands of hours restoring there cars who wouldnt stop. wouldnt scrap there classic and would just keep on driving, i own two classic cars and between them ive spent thousands of hours relentlessly restoring them. just like these enthusiasts who have worked long adn hard to ensure that this part of war heritage can still fly as a mark of respect, its a blatent insult to ground it for reasons as mentioned "because it has to be insured for things it cant possibly do"

[sarcasm]seeing as the EU plan to remove all history i recommend torching your nearest art gallery, a blanket ban on war museums (they promote violence surely), we'll remove every cenataph (sp?) from the face of the world and a complete ban on those silly little poppy things that people wear in early november..... [/sarcasm]
****in hell government grow the **** up, look backwards, hundreds of thousands of people died so we can see freedom and this is how you repay them...

Johndm said:
Wonder what will be next.....outlawing of the English language.....

just incase im beavering away learning esperanto as we speak,.....

mr jones said:
****in hell government grow the **** up, look backwards, hundreds of thousands of people died so we can see freedom and this is how you repay them...
We've just had an election and the patients are running the asylum again.

Not saying you voted for them, and I didn't, but enough sheep did :(

Oh and CALM DOWN! :D

um, I think you'll find that insurance levies are usually based on risk involved. An old aircraft flying over a litigative society that is the size of a small airliner will make them sweat.

There has been a number of incidents at airshows etc (in fact any public event) over recent years that have forced premiums to raise as more and more people turn to litigation to recover losses. It only takes one sad numpty to claim that the unexpected noise of a low flying plane at an airshow (yeah, I know) caused them to throw their ice lolly onto the the large dog being walked by the one legged man caused the 48 car pile up on the M1 - and the lawyers are all too willing to have a go at proving that their client isn't actually a complete dick head.

Even if the case is thrown out, it still makes your premiums go up, because next week it might be your insurer who is covering the numpty.

It's sad, but until the world signs a disclaimer that doing something more dangerous than breathing is at your own risk, I'm afraid you're stuck with it. and it doesn't matter who you voted for, 'cos finance and insurance run on their own clock.

A few of the V bombers could fly if given a bit more power - lets bomb Brussels!

I think a couple of Vulcans will do!

Insure that you gits!

MartinImber said:
A few of the V bombers could fly if given a bit more power - lets bomb Brussels!

I think a couple of Vulcans will do!

Insure that you gits!

Avro Vulcan XH558 maybe.....its being restored to flying condition by another charity, so I expect the new European laws will screw that too.

It is/was going to be the ONLY example flying in the world, as there are no others that can ever fly again.

101% BRITISH engineering..

Avro Vulcan XH558 was bought on February 28th 2005 for the benefit of the Nation, by the Vulcan to the Sky Trust to be restored, flown for 10-15 years and then retired to the Imperial War Museum, Duxford, as the finest example of her type.

http://www.vulcan558club.com/default.htm

Time for my go....

Dejong, is that a dutch name. I only ask as i remember a dejong playing for the mighty psv.

Despite all the rhetoric Mrs T was a European else why did she not support our common wealth cousins when those naughty french blew up the rainbow warrior?

Yes the TSR2 was cancelled by Mr Wilson (the best tory PM since smiley blair) but you can't really blame labour for this. Mountbatten and polaris had done for the tsr2 long before Sir Harold put the project out of it's misery. (PS I live near cosford and regularly go and lovingly gaze at this magnificent machine).

Yes it's sad about the Sally B and the timing is insensitive but if the thing came down and killed your kids you might feel differently. That reminds me, back on the politics again. All those people who felt sorry for mr Kennedy and his gaff for not knowing the salary point at which local income tax would hurt because he was tired. Ah, how sympathetic would you be if a very tired junior doctor made a small mistake because he was tired but it had a devastating effect on you or your family?

I think I've mentioned all three main parties now so I maintained a bbc impartiality :)

Sheep, how so? Were Mrs T's followers all sheep? Are all Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal fans all sheep. Hmm, actually you might be right. But seriously, are any majority groups in any instance a flock of sheep? It's a cheap shot really.

Light blue touch paper and retires.........

NapoleonGuitarSolo said:
Time for my go....

Dejong, is that a dutch name. I only ask as i remember a dejong playing for the mighty psv.

Light blue touch paper and retires.........

Well you lost me there.....but I am a bit tired...

:eek:

Got to have an early night, need to be up at dawn, get to Duxford and get some action shots of SB...............on the ground.. :rolleyes:

NapoleonGuitarSolo said:
Yes it's sad about the Sally B and the timing is insensitive but if the thing came down and killed your kids you might feel differently.

have you got proper insurance cover for standing in a field without proper protection? this thing is not allowed to fly over built up areas, and im assuming flying demos graphically display that "air displays are dangerus, spectate at your own risk" much in the same way motorsport does..

then again, you live in a nanny state and you let your kids out of your sight for long enough to be hit by a falling aircraft (one thats probably maintained to a higher standard than a comercial airliner) is that sane???????????, they should sue you for breach of parental care...........................

NapoleonGuitarSolo said:
Time for my go....

Yes it is, and yes a de Jong used to play for PSV and actually a Jean-Paul de Jong used to play for FC Utrecht....

Really stirred up something here :eek: whilst my point has been all along (see the first post) at the insinuations of where the blame for grounding it lies (Europe, Commercial classifications).

It is a real shame that some on here go on with their insinuation that my opinion:
1. Has something to do with my name, and conclude my citizenship.
2. Reflects that I think 80,000 service-men/women did it all for nothing.
3. Reflects that I would file complaints left-right-and-centre.
4. Make some people resort to making statements that a majority supports their view so it is right - quite sickening taken in the context of what you have turned this thread in if you know your history.

I think it highlights:
1. First and foremost the great dissappointment of not being able to see that plane fly anymore.
2. A prejudice against Europe - probably cultivated by a number of the tabloit press, but I could be wrong...
3. An inability to take resonsibility for ones own situation - quite interesting to see when later others are being accused promoting a nanny state.
4. Perhaps not such a big majority of supporters for the cause, as otherwise the money would be easily raised - Common we are only talking about GBP25k aren't we....Relate back to point 3....

Now lets get on with our lives and take a minute of respect for remembrance day in most parts of Western Europe...Instead of slinging mud and using bad language....

BTW I said a bit more power because a couple of privately owned Vulcans have very fast taxied - one taxied so fast its wheels left the ground!!

I wil now mention the one huge benefit of railway denationalisation.

Preserved Diesels can run now on main lines, and we are talking locos of over 3000bhp with 100mph easy cruising and rumoured top speed of about 120. As you could guess they suffered on preserved railways and a good thrash does them good!

Johndm said:
Avro Vulcan XH558 maybe.....its being restored to flying condition by another charity, so I expect the new European laws will screw that too.

It is/was going to be the ONLY example flying in the world, as there are no others that can ever fly again.

101% BRITISH engineering..

Avro Vulcan XH558 was bought on February 28th 2005 for the benefit of the Nation, by the Vulcan to the Sky Trust to be restored, flown for 10-15 years and then retired to the Imperial War Museum, Duxford, as the finest example of her type.

http://www.vulcan558club.com/default.htm

That would be excellent, the Vulcan is a truely awesome sight and knocks the spots of anything in terms of airborne intimidation.
Oddly enough we're just starting an aircraft enthusiast forum - gallery site (free, unliimited photo uploads), have a look if you're passing, we've got some nice ones from Saturday already Flightforum.net

cheers,
Andy

Right in my crusade against anti-european speak ;) The most important thing got lost. Maybe it was not mentioned due to forum rules, but I hope this post will be allowed to return the peace and keep this plane flying...

There is a way SallyB can be helped, take a look on the site forementioned and you will find that it is a registered charity accepting donations...I only just noticed that when I stepped of my high horse and when my eyes were opened....

The result is now in our own hands... :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom