Europe approach vs UK approach

D

Deleted member 849701

I get the impression Europe may return to normal life more than UK. Some of the stuff I have read in the UK is bonkers “a new normal” here is a good tweet I will share

Should we expect any less from a nation who thought up the sugar tax and congestion charges in London.

Wow, we have a new superspreader :)

I think the 'new normal' will lapse, but it'll take time.

Continental Europe is easing restrictions but in a cautious manner requiring physical distancing and new hygiene measures to be followed

A random tweeter offering no supportive evidence for contending life has returned to as it was two months ago means nothing.

This is borderline spreading misinformation contrary to moderator requests. I may permit the thread to remain if the thread title was "new normal" rather than "back to normal", which objectively it is not by any objective yardstick

I have edited the title however it’s not a random guy it’s an ABC reporter who has been round these countries and seen first hand..(also has 66k followers and official tick so he’s well known)

Appreciated, but this person's journalistic credentials are not enhanced if random forum members like you and I can post more accurate words

Another link

If you do not have BT sport the highlights are on YouTube. The point is regardless of whether football interests you, it is a further reminder that life is not the same as before

Appreciated, but this person's journalistic credentials are not enhanced if random forum members like you and I can post more accurate words

Another link

If you do not have BT sport the highlights are on YouTube. The point is regardless of whether football interests you, it is a further reminder that life is not the same as before
Sure the football isn’t the same but I was talking about bars, hairdressers and shops which are now open and trading unlike UK. Other than a sanitizer and face masks things are similar they also don’t have a 2m rule I believe it’s 1 metre. Beaches are also very busy especially Greece.

Sure the football isn’t the same but I was talking about bars, hairdressers and shops which are now open and trading unlike UK. Other than a sanitizer and face masks things are similar they also don’t have a 2m rule I believe it’s 1 metre. Beaches are also very busy especially Greece.

So it's not back to normal then. It's a new normal where masks and other hygiene measures are required along with social distancing. Life goes on, but it's not as it was before.
I personally think there will be changes that will only become apparent in the longer term so comments like this Twitter one are pointless. And of course for many life will have changed forever because they've lost a loved one.

Well, everybody is entitled to an opinion, even journalists.

However, the opinion that states UK is bonkers and some European countries are normal, then linking to someone else's personal opinion, is lacking.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom