Europa League

Comfortable win with Vinicius making his debut and looking pretty decent too. Bale got another hour but still well off full fitness.
The squad starting to show some real depth so hopefully that will stand us better than last season when the injuries start.

shame no fans otherwise they would of sang The Roofe the Roofe is on fire.

So where’s dele going as after mourinhos comments I doubt he’s staying

Delle has started three games this season and been hooked at half time in two of them

Sell him in Jan and sign a top cb Sanchez is bloody useless
Can't believe I'm saying this but dier is our best cb

Winks Davies both poor bergwin needs to do more to force his way into the first 11

9 changes didn't help

Credit to the other team defensively strong

I see Jose has started publicly having shots at players already. That always ends well

Maybe you should’ve wiped the sleep from your eyes and actually read his comments 🤦‍♂️ - not the headline 😂.

"I don't want to analyse individually. It's fair to say that players with bad performances influence the team but also a team influence individual performances. It's not for me to individualise and bring some names to the table. You can do that yourself. You always tell me 'why is this player not playing, why is this player not playing' - maybe you don't ask me that for a few weeks as you have the answer.

You know what our best team is. I always like to think the players deserve an opportunity. We have a big squad with lots of good players. It's my responsibility to give them opportunities but it's also their opportunity to catch the chance with both hands and ask for more. Tonight shows my future choices are going to be very easy."

I would like to make 11 [changes]! I didn't make five as I was afraid of a long 45 minutes.

"There is only one person to blame, that's me. I chose the players to start. At half-time, I tried to improve the situation but it was not enough. The dynamic of the first half was there, it was difficult to change.

Yeah, I've read the comments and what you posted and it's not any better. We all know who he's talking about. It's a thinly veiled pop which is easily seen through by anyone except Spurs fans apparently. He said very similar things about Rashford and Martial when he was at United. I'm not saying it's going to have an instant impact on the dressing room but long term it doesn't work if you're continually digging out the same individuals and only keeping your favourites happy.

He’s got a point. He’s given some fringe players an opportunity to impress and they failed so rather than patting them on the back he’s given them a reality check.

You only have to read his comments on Ndombele earlier this year to see he’ll “dig” someone out publicly if he sees fit.

Despite what you’re saying he hasn’t actually done this.

He said near identical about Martial and Rashford. "now you see why always Lukaku". And yet those players flourished under other managers. Jose's style works for some and not for others but I don't think it's good for dressing room harmony. But maybe Spurs are the special ones and not Chelsea (twice), Real, Inter, United.

That wasn’t your original point though was it?

He hasn’t made any “public shots” at anyone, he criticised the team and blamed himself for picking it! 😂

I said it was a thinly veiled dig at certain players. Which it was.

You always tell me 'why is this player not playing, why is this player not playing' - maybe you don't ask me that for a few weeks as you have the answer.

That is definitely a shot at the players. Even blaming himself for picking the team reads like a dig to be honest. Yeah, I never should have picked those shit players, you know my favourites, they wouldn't have let me down etc etc.

I get why you're defending him but don't act like every other fan of every other club he's managed hasn't seen this exact pattern before. It's what he does. It will work in the short term and then you'll have to pick the pieces up after

Well as a spurs fan I have to hope he’s learnt from his past mistakes, he’s an intelligent bloke after all, time will tell I suppose!

It will. But the United fans will remember saying the exact same thing a few years ago. But, he may still prove us all wrong and show that he can change

After the last couple of weeks I don't think it's unreasonable to say that we are definitely going to win the CL so I think you'll be back in here with the (non-existent) Arsenal fans and we'll stick to the big boy thread ;)

Maybe you should’ve wiped the sleep from your eyes and actually read his comments 🤦‍♂️ - not the headline 😂.

"I don't want to analyse individually. It's fair to say that players with bad performances influence the team but also a team influence individual performances. It's not for me to individualise and bring some names to the table. You can do that yourself. You always tell me 'why is this player not playing, why is this player not playing' - maybe you don't ask me that for a few weeks as you have the answer.

You know what our best team is. I always like to think the players deserve an opportunity. We have a big squad with lots of good players. It's my responsibility to give them opportunities but it's also their opportunity to catch the chance with both hands and ask for more. Tonight shows my future choices are going to be very easy."

I would like to make 11 [changes]! I didn't make five as I was afraid of a long 45 minutes.

"There is only one person to blame, that's me. I chose the players to start. At half-time, I tried to improve the situation but it was not enough. The dynamic of the first half was there, it was difficult to change.
Jose did blame himself , but am i alone in thinking he portrayed it more in that everyone else was at fault but him.

Congrats to Dundalk in going an entire match and not conceding 1 free-kick , must be a record.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom