Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica vs Chelsea final

mrbobc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Same old story for LFC, loads of chances, hitting the post, missing sitters and losing 1-0!!!

only this time it was FC Gomel :D

this is stewie's year \o/!!

Might as well have still been a pre season match in fairness, lots of tinkering and plenty not looking match fit. Good result, poor performance but I wouldn't read much into it

oh im not mate, gomel clearly 10 times fitter than we were.

Half way through their season ain't they?

If they could shoot we woulda lost, our players clearly showed their lack of fitness.

Spearing really needs to leave as does Cole.

I think Sterling could be a surprise package this year and I'm glad Rodgers gave him a game (albeit down to Cole coming off).

I think Agger's going so I hope Coates can step up because he's been crap for Uruguay at the Olympics.

Let's bring in Ramirez, Dempsey and Allen and ship out Cole, Spearing and possibly Adam.

yeah something like 15 games into their season^^

i dont rate ramirez tbh, he has a good shot on him but his final ball is really poor. we dont need another average attacking player. other than that i cant disagree with you ynwa, except i hope the agger rumours are rubbish.

rodgers has said he wasnt match fit thats all and hes got a behind closed doors game for him coming up to work on his conditioning. i'd hope any rumours are just scaremongering as if either skrtel or agger goes we'd have to buy a player to come straight in that would be a risk for a central defender. their partnership looks really good and it wouldnt be good breaking it up.

Money talks though, and he is in demand as is Skertl just have to see, i think one will leave though.

Terrible game to watch this was horrific and shold of really lost the game comfortably
Agree it's possible that he could go, I just don't see anything particularly compelling in the recent rumours that indicate he will. I'm confident there was nothing in him missing the Gomel game.

I won't make any bold statements about what a loyal lad he is, been made a fool of saying that before. :blush:

Yeah, it sure was a shocker of a game.

Qualifying round of the europa league at Anfield and pretty much a full house.
Boss that

Borini looking very good, well taken goal and linking well with Suarez.

Also JJS looks very good, I think if Allen comes in we need to ship out Spearing & Adam and keep Hendo as backup for the others.

i'd prefer that too^^ but can see them staying for squad depth or at least spearing anyway.

looked very good so far, even downing looks confident on the ball and has played well :smashin:

What time is the draw tomorrow? Praying for an easy draw for the toon seeming that we have spurs and chelsea either side of it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Allen in the crowd, looking like that's a done deal which should mean Adam or Spearing are on the way out.

I wonder if there's any truth in what Hamman said about Adam involved in a swap for Dempsey.

Last edited:
bin rumoured for a few weeks now the adam swap for dempsey but they still want the deal to add up to £10m which is too much imo.

decent win and only shelvey looked out of place in a strong line up but its looks like allen will sign imminently.

If we can get away with giving them Adam and three mill I'd be happy with that.

We paid 7 for him and I reckon we could get 5 so not too far of the valuation they have put on Dempsey.

Great work out for the reds not going to get carried away against painters and decorators though.

Got some difficult games coming up first 3 home games are City Arsenal Man United so need to hit the ground running.
Still need some width and pace in the team and still need to ship some out.

Agger is a funny one City have bid for him but he doesnt want to leave,really is a sell to buy policy at Anfield when it shouldnt really be.

gerrard said in his post match interview it might be out of aggers hands which is atrocious for a team like us. we should be doing everything we can to hold onto our best players not letting them go cos the fee is acceptable.

Considering agger has just got YWNA tattooed on his hands he really has showed his loyalty so he shouldn't be sold and surely even if Liverpool accept a bid Agger can refuse the terms and not leave?

gerrard said in his post match interview it might be out of aggers hands which is atrocious for a team like us. we should be doing everything we can to hold onto our best players not letting them go cos the fee is acceptable.

But sell to buy Skertl was first up but nobody was prepared to pay the 20 plus million pound transfer fee.
So now its Aggers turn,Johnson will be next as Rodgers mentioned a few weeks ago that his wages were extortionate.
We have no Debt no repayments of any debt biggest shirt deals in the uk,sold more Adidas merchandise than Real Madrid year upon year.
Signed a new deal with Warrior that lets us keep 100% of merchandise sales.
New TV deal around the corner.

Kuyt gone 90k a week
Maxi gone 80k a week
Bellamy going 80k a week
Aquillani gone 85k a week
Thats 17.5 million to spend already :rolleyes:

Corporate at anfield is doubling 500 people were turfed out of their seats one womens family has held their season ticket for 85 years:rolleyes:

Storms a brewing

good work out tonight. Suarez was great and the support for Agger was cool ! As Torres showed though, it doesn't matter if you have YNWA tattooed on yourself it doesn't mean you're staying....although I really hope he does, he's the closest thing to Hansen we've had in years!!

Borini had a good 1st half, and Stevie G looked sharp ! Great to see Lucas coming back as well and looked solid.

Not too much tiki-taka going on and nice to see the post is already getting some practice in before the season really starts !!!

Storms a brewing

sad indictment of the world we live in today where capitalism rules and everything and everyone has their price to the detriment of sport sadly.

businessmen will always be businessmen...

Hearts v Liverpool............oooft!

Hearts v Liverpool............oooft!

Nice easy trip for us which is good (i meant travelling not the match)

How do you feel about that bet you would of liked an easier draw

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom