Europa League

Welbeck ? Just good professional gamesmanship I suppose.

Clear dive; should have been booked, just like the Milan player was in the second half. Very poor officiating: really don't understand what the 'goal line official' saw to recommend the penalty award.

Apart from the Welbeck dive I thought Arsenal managed the game very well: fully deserved the win with Xhaka, Ramsey and Ozil being particularly impressive. Milan were 'average', but you can see how 'on their day' they could be dangerous with Suso, Silva, Montolivo and Kessie (who I was very impressed with).

A Madrid will win the Europa League, Arsenal won't stand a chance against them over 2 legs imo, or if they meet in the final
They didn't stand a chance against AC according to some.

Anything can happen in a European game tbh.

Wenger didn’t see it, what a shock.

CSKA two up. Yet again poor keeping from Cech - how many times is that this season?

If I was a celebrity I’d be bricking it now Ramsey has scored

In the end a good result. I'm sure I wasn't the only Arsenal fan bricking it when we 2-0 down.
Even worse I was listening to the Talksport commentary; including "insightful observations" from Stuart Pearce; though it was good to hear the obvious pain and disappointment in their voices when Arsenal scored. The main commentator (who was awful) could barely bring himself to say that there was a goal at all.

Did anyone see the Lazio game?

Lazio went 1 up in the 55th minute then conceded a minute later. It was level until the 72nd minute where Salzburg scored then they did it again in the 74th and 76th minute.

Salzburg were 4-2 down from the first leg too so ended up going through 6-5.

Did anyone see the Lazio game?

Lazio went 1 up in the 55th minute then conceded a minute later. It was level until the 72nd minute where Salzburg scored then they did it again in the 74th and 76th minute.

Salzburg were 4-2 down from the first leg too so ended up going through 6-5.

Yeah I had it on whilst wallpapering. Great game, really been spoilt this week!

The Rome derby should be good on Sunday, Roma will be brimming with confidence, but will it be CL Roma it Seria A Roma that turn up? Lazio will be fired up because of last nights result, and want to take Roma down a peg!

Bad draw for Arsenal and away 2nd leg, they will struggle against them

Bad draw for Arsenal and away 2nd leg, they will struggle against them

You couldn’t just take an extra second and type who ‘them’ are!

Now I need to do another two taps.

Name on the trophy!
#OneArseneWenger
I posted in the PL thread, welcome back [emoji3]
Seriously though I think you won't get past Athletic Madrid over 2 legs, they defend so well and Griezman/Costa will cause you loads of problems

How long before someone asks about his missus?

Winning the Europa League could be the worst thing for Arsenal (fans)!

Just like the FA Cup in the last few years, if Wenger wins the thing, that will be enough to cement his position next season at the very least.

He’s back! Got over Pep snubbing Arsenal for City yet?
Never! He's out of contract in just over a year. Will he extend? If history's anything to go by, it's unlikely.

Wenger's contract expires at the same time as Pep's (LOL - let's not go down that road again!).

Maybe he'll go to Italy and try winning the CL with Juve; they've not won it since 1996, losing 5 finals since then.

I'm working back in Asia at the moment so have missed A LOT of football. 3am kick-offs are a pain in the rear. But I've stayed up for Arsenal's scintillating :D EL campaign. Atletico terrify me. Their record in recent European KO competition is scary.

Will be brilliant to see Simeone on the Emirates touchline - the antithesis of Wenger.

Blah blah blah ...... just get a picture on here!

Wow, Arsenal have been handed a huge advantage now, Athletico down to 10 men.

What a crap result that is for Arsenal.

Atleti have only let in 4 goals at home all season in the league!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom