Eurogamer 360 versus ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordie10

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137829

After almost two thousands words of technical discussion, the bottom line is that it's clear that Rockstar had some issues matching the basic performance of the Xbox 360 game on the PS3 hardware. Lower resolution, zero anti-aliasing support and a more variable frame-rate are the bottom line.

Without starting a flame war versus thread the video comparison on that article is fantastic. It really shows the positives and negatives of both versions graphically speaking. I think they went overboard on the blur on the PS3 when you see them side by side but by the same token you see how the textures do look nicer on the PS3. They mentioned they hoped for a option to turn off the post processing dithering on textures off in a future patch and I hope they do implement this as I'd love to see the difference.

Drumroll please......

Okay all the Sony devotees together..... you know the lyrics....

"Lazy developers!!! Lazy, Lazy, L.. L... Lazy developers"

;)

Okay sorry, I know that is really fanboyish but it is funny how that becomes the mantra every time there is an advantage in a 360 version of a game

Just to point out there is a GTA IV 360 vs PS3 thread in the "Other Gaming" forum if anyone wants to contribute to this further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom