Quantcast

Euro1080 To Stop Using 19.2 East

sprattgraham

Novice Member
Euro1080 to stop using satellite at 19.2 East as of 31st December 2005.

Vist:

http://www.hd-1.tv/

suzywong

Standard Member
Would this be one of the old Astra 1 satellites? They must be getting low on fuel by now, so it would not be surprising that they're being run down.

nigelbb

sprattgraham said:
Euro1080 to stop using satellite at 19.2 East as of 31st December 2005.
They must be giving up on Direct To Home broadcast in favour of Pubs & Clubs etc. They are moving to the oddball position of 23E. The vast majority of satellite dishes in Europe are pointed at Astra at 19.2E or Hotbird at 13E & in the UK at 28.2/28.5E.

Hellicopter

Presumably they are planning on being on the domestic packages such as SkyHD once launched.
Even so they charged us consumers for cards.
What date are they coming off 19e?

ALAN

Stephen Neal

nigelbb said:
They must be giving up on Direct To Home broadcast in favour of Pubs & Clubs etc. They are moving to the oddball position of 23E. The vast majority of satellite dishes in Europe are pointed at Astra at 19.2E or Hotbird at 13E & in the UK at 28.2/28.5E.
Isn't 23E the new German-favoured position?

(Though 19.2 is undoubtedly the popular one in Germany as a result of the analogue services still carried on it?)

sprattgraham

Novice Member
Should be ending on 31st December 2005

Howard Pitfield

Hellicopter said:
Presumably they are planning on being on the domestic packages such as SkyHD once launched.
Even so they charged us consumers for cards.
What date are they coming off 19e?

ALAN
Yes rumour factory says that HD1 and so on may be on the current Astra 28 sat which Sky comes from - and part of Sky HD service. Although I hope to have a FTA HD box soon, I won't rush out for the Euro1080 card - there are enough test loops and 2 new German FTA channels from next month to keep me happy until Sky start.

H :smashin: