1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

euro1080 review please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gainsbrough, Jun 16, 2004.

1. gainsbrough

gainsbrough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I have been looking on this forum & some people have said a few remarks about euro1080 but can anyone out there give a big time review of the channel & progs as im 60/40 in favour of going for it but dont want to spend £600 with out some thoughts from from the chaps who already have taken the plunge!

thanks in advance

--Gainsbrough--
    :laugh: i am the pope!

2. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    £600???
    I dont get euro1080 at the moment but I picked up a skystar2 card for £50, 10m coax cable £10 and a mini dish for £15. I was picking up channels for £75.
    Granted to pick up Euro1080 you will need a larger dish, but I'm sure they cost less that £525!!

3. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    pinkerton what channels can you pick up with a minidish?? i thought you would need at least a 80cm dish to get anything decent in london?

4. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mostly free German channels!, this is from pointing dish at 19.2 Astra. I get very little from 28..2 Astra coz its all encrypted. I dont have a dish properly setup as its not my house and its in a conservation area. So putting up a huge dish for Euro1080 is a bit of a non starter :(
    Back to the newsgroups :)