1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro1080 Name Change

Discussion in 'TVs' started by aligebes, Jun 30, 2004.

1. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I know it's a bit late, but has anyone else been to the Euro1080 website and read the press release? About the Main Channel is going to be known as HD1.

I found it interesting that September is the real Kick Off date for the channel, and how in December 5 languages are going to be available.

I emailed them and got a very quick reply to my query, which was what sort of content is going to be shown? eg TV Shows such as Smallville, Enterprise,Alias all of which are shown in HiDef in the USA, films, sports etc.

I asked about the Olympics as well, and this will not be shown due to license rights. I pointed out the not showing matches from Euro 2004(even a day later) was a missed marketing opportunity.

Any comments?

2. kunwho

kunwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From September they will broadcast Smallville, Alias and Enterprise in HD? That definite good news, I better get new sat installed then.

3. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I may not have made my original post clear, I asked about those shows, and a line from the reply email reads as follows:-

The programs will be acquired through deals with other broadcasters(such as HDnet, In Demand HD, Discovery etc) and through various own productions.

The programs will be announced through trailers on screen as well as on the website which our people are improving now.
    These announcements will start very soon.

BUT,Watch out for the HD Channel in Europe,The fall will surprise you!

I suggest anyone interested should email Euro1080, and maybe they'll see a demand for certain types of shows.