Euro disney worth the cost?

lesley12

Ex Member
Reaction score
We are thinking of going to Euro Disney in July. Is it really worth the costs involved?

Possibly. I took my nieces there last year as they love all things Disney, but all being under 8 (4,6 and 7) were too young for a long haul flight to Florida Disney. They really enjoyed it and I must say that I did as well, but most of the joy for me was seeing the delights on the kids faces when they saw their favourite characters.
We went at the end of February and found it was a good time to go. It was mild and dry, but also off peak so cheaper and quieter. I'm not sure I'd want to go there during peak season though, and we did 4 days which was enough. There wasn't enough there to keep us busy for any longer than that.
Hope that helps a bit. :)

We've been twice.
Whether it's worth the cost, that can't really be answered with a yes or no.
It's expensive, that's for sure.
Food, in particular, is laughably expensive (and bad) in the 'Disney Village'.
Figure on £80, easy, for a pretty nasty meal for 2 adults + 2 kids.
But there are cheaper food options available, Val D'Europe is only one very short stop on the train and restaurants/cafes are cheaper there.
The one hour flight is what attracted us, both times.
We simply did not fancy a 9 hour flight with young kids.:thumbsdow
To them, DLP is just as magical as Florida.:thumbsup:

Food is massively expensive there, a lot more than I expected, but there are alternatives. As FZR said, Val D'Europe is only one stop away on the train, which is probably the cheaper option if you're staying in the Disney hotels.
When I went we stayed at Davy Crockets Ranch. The kids loved it and it actually ended up saving us a heap on food as you get given so much stuff for breakfast that you can't possibly eat it all.
For each breakfast (that you collect fresh every morning) we were getting 6 croissants, 6 pain au chocolate, 1 long french stick, various jams and spreads, tea and coffee, 1 litre of orange juice and 1 litre of milk.
We found that we could use the croissants and chocolates for breakfast along with a cup of tea, and then we used the orange juice, french stick and spreads for lunch. We did a small food shop in the little shop there which wasn't actually too expensive for bread, pasta, etc. but a lot of our main meal stuff was purchased in Tesco before we left and taken with us.

Sounds great Mandy. Will look into that.

Problem is, my wife has holidays booked for end of July beginning of August!!!

Another tip is not to feel you have to get a Disney Hotel close to the park.
Both times we've gone, it was far cheaper to stay on the Hotel strip at Magny-le-Hongre.
Explorers/Magic Circus/Dream Castle/Kyriad etc.
There are free buses every 10 mins or so, and it takes 5 mins journey time.
The hotels close to the park always say park access an hour before everyone else is a major bonus to their inflated prices, but I don't feel that's the case at all.
We've never had a problem going in at normal opening times.
It's easy to panic when you see the hordes of people, there's no need, it's a big place!

Disneyland Paris have a flash sale on next weekend - 2nd to 6th May - just a little insider info!

Disneyland Paris have a flash sale on next weekend - 2nd to 6th May - just a little insider info!

Will there be likely to be any availability last week of August do you know?

no dates in August showing for the sale sadly, although there will still be availability showing for then.

What is the link for flash sale,their website shows the usual rates!!

if you click into 'find your ideal offer' from the home page it will give you a click through.

We are thinking of going to Euro Disney in July. Is it really worth the costs involved?

Having also been to the ones in Orlando and LA, I must say I was disapointed with Disneyland Paris. I just didnt get that magical feeling I got from the ones in the US.

BigStu1972 said:
Having also been to the ones in Orlando and LA, I must say I was disapointed with Disneyland Paris. I just didnt get that magical feeling I got from the ones in the US.

You hear this a lot, but I feel it's completely unfair.
We all know the USA ones are probably better, but they're also a 9 hour flight away and cost a lot more than eurodisney.
You can nip over to eurodisney in an hour (flight) and do it over a long weekend.
And our costs for both trips were around £1400 all in (excluding food)
What did your USA trips cost? ;-)
£5k seems to be the figure I hear most.
So whilst I'm sure the USA ones are better, that doesn't make eurodisney bad.
Accessibility makes it a winner for me, hands down.

Last edited:
We all know the USA ones are probably better, but they're also a 9 hour flight away and cost a lot more than eurodisney.
You can nip over to eurodisney in an hour (flight) and do it over a long weekend.

Its not that more expensive to go to Florida.I have just got back last Thursday, 2 weeks on international drive, 4 star hotel £560 each..

John....

27neth said:
Its not that more expensive to go to Florida.I have just got back last Thursday, 2 weeks on international drive, 4 star hotel £560 each..

John....

So that's £560 x 4.
Then Ticket prices for the parks?
Then hire car?
I'm seeing why £5k is the most often quoted figure.
I'm not saying that's bad value, but it's way more expensive than eurodisney.

Last edited:

Actually the trips to the US were a lot cheaper for me than the one to Paris, in fact they were mostly free:thumbsup: This might have added to my overall enjoyment

Disneyland Paris is of course not going to compare to Florida but even after working for Disney World Orlando, i still like Paris.

It is costly, im not going to lie, but depending on when you go and where you stay it can be made well worth it. Try not to go in the School Holidays. If your going for 2-3 days then you dont really want to spend all your time in a Queue. They are still there in Term time but your not waiting 90 minutes just for Peter Pan or Its a small world.

Dont stay in the Disney Hotel. Stay at the partner ones which are a 5 minute bus ride away, to rates that include Park Tickets plus you can then get your food included too if you want to.

Im not really Clued up as much on Paris but if i can help further, then im happy too

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom