Euro 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Reaction score
With all the coronavirus panic at the moment, it will only get worse before it gets better, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Euro 2020 was cancelled.

Pointless starting a thread then eh?:laugh:

Anyone collecting the Euro 2020 sticker collection by any chance?

Thought I'd stick it on here and ask than create a new thread

Anyone collecting the Euro 2020 sticker collection by any chance?

Thought I'd stick it on here and ask than create a new thread

Not me! :D But I have just bought the FourFourTwo Euro 2020 special. Should be a decent read even if it came out a bit early to get the squad news right.

Not me! :D But I have just bought the FourFourTwo Euro 2020 special. Should be a decent read even if it came out a bit early to get the squad news right.
Saw that in Asda the weekend, got a special 2 magazines or something aint it? Be interesting to see if you would recommend it all its just load of rubbish

Saw that in Asda the weekend, got a special 2 magazines or something aint it? Be interesting to see if you would recommend it all its just load of rubbish

Only flicked through so far and have been reading the readers’ Q&A with Capello which is interesting. There’s quite a few player interviews with key players from the home nations although note the Euros guide is thicker than the surprisingly thin main mag (under 100 pages). But then all my subs mags have been on the thin side this last year or so.

May also be worth looking out for World Soccer‘s special edition and any others that have been published for the tournament.

Mason Greenwood has pulled out. Injured.

Disappointing.

Not a like for like replacement but i do think it should open up a place for Saka

Not sure he would have been picked to go anyway

I reckon he would have defo gone. Shame. Sounds like an issue to sort out an ongoing problem. Should do the same with Rashford :D

BBC saying Lingard misses out, I'm guessing the 7 will be

Greenwood, obviously
Lingard
Whyte
Ramsdale
Godfrey
TAA
Watkins or Saka

No Trent. Absolutely fudgeing laughable.

He's not been at his best, but he's still one of the best full backs in the world.

But nah we'll leave him at home.

Too attacking, too dangerous for Southgate.

No he hasn't. But It was very noticeable that his improvement in form coincided with an overall improvement in Liverpools.
I would definitely take him.... but I would start with James.

I could understand him not starting and being part of a plan A because you know Southgate, but to not even have him as part of a plan B is crazy. And even tho his level has dropped this season and he does need to improve on a couple of things, if you look at the defensive stats he actually comes out on top on most of them against the other RB's selected, iirc it was only Walker that beat him in a couple of things.

And when you take into account we will be taking 3 RB's, and he still isn't part of that, is just unbelievably crazy the talent, influence and skills Trent can bring to a match.

Hopefully he is included, but reports suggesting not.

All points to a "we get knocked out, let's have another inquest into just why England cannot succeed at top level".

This time it won't need to be very long though.

I am a pessimist but I honestly would not be surprised to see us struggle in the group games.

Caution is all very well but I fear that Southgate takes it to another level.
I worry that if we go ahead (especially against a better team) then plan A will be to crawl into our shell, close our eyes, grit our teeth, hang on & pray for the final whistle.
Plan B will be...... er? Hope that plan A works.
We have a talented squad - worry about the GK situation- but I don't think Southgate will bring out the best in it.
Still it's only a game.............🙁

Four right backs? Southgate gonna be doing some weird Champ Man cheat formation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom