Euro 2020 Fantasy Game

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

League code is - 854Q3FGJ06

If you've never played a Uefa fantasy game before worth reading the rules as few things work differently then FPL, like captaincy, manual subs and there version of the free hit chip.

But if you're a lazy prick with no names mentioned @TayWax I will go over the main differences here.

1 - The limitless chip is Uefa's version of 'Free Hit', the main difference being in this game is you also get unlimited funds for that gameweek. You also have one wildcard chip which works in the same way as in FPL. Technically you get two wildcards though as before round of 16 you get unlimited transfers. Then before Quarters it is 3 free transfers, Semis, 5 and before the final 5 free transfers - You also get 2 free transfers between each round in the group stage.

2 - Captains can be changed each matchday, it's a 'stick or twist' strategy - Always have your captain set to someone playing the first game even if you're not confident as you never know. As an example the first game is Italy v Turkey - If you have a player from that game, captain them, if they do rubbish you can change it to someone playing the next day, and so on until you're satisfied. Obviously if you change captaincy you lose the double points from the player you have changed it from.

3 - Subs - This game uses manual substitutions, which is why it is recommended not to have any 'bench fodder', have your players playing the latest on the bench. Any player that doesn't do well you can manually sub someone else in. For example Portugal play on the final day in the first round matches, so if you have any Portuguese players put them on the bench ready to be subbed in for any player that doesn't score well if you think they will do better. Any player you sub out you will obviously lose the points, and they cannot be subbed back in.

Think that's the only differences between this and FPL.

This sounds complicated. Being a lazy prick I'm considering hiring a caretaker manager to start me off

This sounds complicated. Being a lazy prick I'm considering hiring a caretaker manager to start me off
Nah not complicated, just bit different. Not huge fan of it this way personally but it's different.

Just have your captain on someone playing first for you, and change it to someone else for next matchday if that player does rubbish until youre happy with the points total your captain gets.

If a player does rubbish use one of your subs to sub someone else in for upto 4 players, 3 outfield and one gk.

That's pretty much it.

There are no bonus points either.

Last edited:
Seems like a similar system to the UEFA CL game. Finding Timo are in.

Seems like a similar system to the UEFA CL game. Finding Timo are in.
Basically yeah, though this game doesn't have ball recovery points like the CL game, which is a shame.

If you need help hiring a manager then I can give you Tottenham's number but they're a bit slow so you might have one by Euro 2024.

Is Sherwood available? I feel like he could do a job for me

Anyone done there squad and sticking with it?

Think I've settled on mine but still 2/3 positions I am not too happy about, but don't wanna downgrade anywhere else to fix it.

Anyone done there squad and sticking with it?

Think I've settled on mine but still 2/3 positions I am not too happy about, but don't wanna downgrade anywhere else to fix it.

yep - all done

I've done mine. I'm moving house on Friday so the chances of me actually looking after them is remote at best. I'll be doing my best Klopp impression and pretend I've got somewhere better to be

I've done mine. I'm moving house on Friday so the chances of me actually looking after them is remote at best. I'll be doing my best Klopp impression and pretend I've got somewhere better to be
giphy.gif

Got 8 participants so far. C'mon few more you junkies.

I've joined but not sure I'll have time to change the team so will let it run and see how I go

When's the deadline. Is it like 7pm?

I might try and knock a team together before then.

An underwhelming 42 points this gw - changed captain too many times, chasing more points and ended up losing 6 pts by not sticking with my original choice.

I misunderstood when you can use subs and left it too late to sub out Luke Shaw, no players today, so looks like mid table and dropping for me..

My defence/keepers has let me down big time, 2 0's in there! And I had Cancelo which was a waste of 6m.

@SHATNERSTACTIC leading the way again going for the double

Give me a neigh if you think we should ban the bugger

tenor.gif

Neigh

For some reason I can't see the league 🤷

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom