1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 1080

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by miniman, Jan 27, 2004.

1. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry if this subject has been covered before, I have searched but can't find any info that doesn't go over my head. Here goes:

I went to Event 2 and like many loved hi-def, I understand from prvious threads that Euro1080 is tranmitting(mainly crap at the moment) and I want in(for when it gets better).
    How do I go about it? I understand that first I need a dish. What one? Any links? Then I need a pc or at least parts added to the one I have. What spek? What parts? And finaly is it better to have a box like sky does? Are they availiable? and if so where from?
    P.s I have a pioneer 503mxe display

Thanks in advance for any help Mark

2. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    After the assistance I received, I'll try and help, so here goes...

You will need a Sat Dish, 80cm or better aligned at 19.2deg east, a universal LNB for the dish, This should be done by a professional Sat TV installer. Fo your PC, you will need a PCI sat card, I use a Technisat Skystar2 card, and some decent software,The full version of DVBviewer2 works with HDTV. Your PC must be reasonably high spec, with a powerful graphics card, I now use an ATI Radeon 9600 card.

If you can list the full spec of your PC, I'm sure people will be able to advise better.

You can buy an HDTV receiver, it is by Zinwell and it is reveiwed on the latest edition of What Satellite magazine.

Hope this helps

3. Mikol

Mikol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. Been checking out Euro1080. Nice quality! Obsolute crystal clear. Uses helluva lot of bandwidth!

I too am using a technisat skystar2, with a 9700pro, does the job, but uses a lot of resources.

4. miniman

miniman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    aligebes, you are a star. I was begining to think people didn't care anymore. You know how it is you need some help getting started when something new comes along, but then when you are up and running you can pass on a bit of your knowledge. Top man and thanks again. Mark