Euro 1080 Up & Running Today

RTFM

Established Member
Reaction score
Euro 1080 started broadcasting today with HD coverage of the New Years Day concert from Vienna.

The picture quality and sound were first class.
We used a Zinwell STB outputting 720p into a Sim2 HT 300 Link DLP projector.

Are the Zinwell STBs available to buy now then? If so how much?

Cheers,
Andy.

I watched last night (31 Dec) on my PC using ProgDVB - I have a p4 3Mb chip, 1 Gb mem and SATA disc array. It came through very pretty indeed - but I haven't watched today as I'm knee deep in video editing a holiday thing....

Is the Zinwell available in UK - and what is the model number - their page doesn't mention it yet. Thanks

H:rolleyes:

Hi Gordon,

Happy New Year to you.

You have a choice of outputs on the Zinwell STB, namely 576i, 576p, 720p and 1080i.

Using pixel to pixel on the Sim2 HT 300 Link the 720p output gives the best picture.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I knew the outputs of the box just wondered f you'd done it because the box seems better at the 1080i to 720P ing than the PJ is. Looking forward to checking it all out myself later in the month

Gordon

So is a now very cheap Skystar 2 pc card going to display these 1080 broadcasts ok ? Is there anything from Australia also as they have had HD transmissions for 2 years now. Even Channel Nine's breakfast show Today is in HD !!

For Zinwell STBs look here : http://www.zintech.com.tw/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=6

(cut and paste the whole link).

I know Sony use one of these in their UK labs.

A Skystar card will work (with ProgDVB and Elecard mpeg codec) whilst they remain unencrypted. This does really need a 2.0GHz P4 or better .
There have also been brief tests from TF1 on Hispasat (30 degrees West) and from another entity on Hells-Sat (39 degrees East) - but I wasn't around at the right time to catch these.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

But where can you buy a Zinwell STB from?

Cheers,
Andy.

So is a now very cheap Skystar 2 pc card going to display these 1080 broadcasts ok ? Is there anything from Australia also as they have had HD transmissions for 2 years now. Even Channel Nine's breakfast show Today is in HD :)

Originally posted by Chris Muriel
Aussie Channel Nine is terrestrial (DVB-T).
Info : http://ninemsn.com.au/tvshows/digital_info.asp?BlipID=4150#onair
(cut and paste whole link).

The cheap SS2 cards will work on Euro1080 with a 2GHz P4 PC
(for the non-encrypted material at least).

Chris Muriel

Yep in fact all 5 main channels on Oz broadcast a number of progs in HD terrestrially so even more of a feat than HD via satellite. Must be costing heeps...

I would like to see some screenshots from an SS2 to prove Euro1080 does definatly work...

Originally posted by RecordablDVDfan

I would like to see some screenshots from an SS2 to prove Euro1080 does definatly work...

A screenshot from today.

Rittberg

Attachments

• 10899.jpg
    10899.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 307
I'm using a Pinnacle Sat card (with card reader in case!) and ProgDVB. I have to use the Twinhan setting rather than the Pinnacle device - but it's all smashing. Recorded a rather large mpg file I can put up on my websiye if anyone want to nab it to look at. Let me know here and i'll upload to a spare page.

Aitch

Originally posted by bayards
I'm using a Pinnacle Sat card (with card reader in case!) and ProgDVB. I have to use the Twinhan setting rather than the Pinnacle device - but it's all smashing. Recorded a rather large mpg file I can put up on my websiye if anyone want to nab it to look at. Let me know here and i'll upload to a spare page.

Aitch

Please upload whatever you have. Am I right in thinking most FTA Sat cards will decode HD with the right s/w then ?

Am I right in thinking most FTA Sat cards will decode HD with the right s/w then ?

Indeed. Provided they can make use of the Elecard mpeg codec ;
there are also Ravisent codecs that will work if you have an ATI graphics card (works with my Radeon 8500LE-128 ok).

I'm about to puchase a PCI sat card, if I'm reading this correctly should I go with the Pinnacle card and ProgDVB?

It's just that I have the chance of a Skystar 2 card, and I would like to make sure I have a card that can handle the HDTV channel.

I'm running an Athlon 2400XP System with 1gig ram,80gig IDE HD,2 80gig SATA Drives, Radeon 9000 graphics under Windows XP, Is this system powerful enough?

Originally posted by aligebes
It's just that I have the chance of a Skystar 2 card, and I would like to make sure I have a card that can handle the HDTV channel.

I can confirm that I am running Euro1080 perfectly smooth( 1920 X 1080P @ 75Hz ) using the SS2, DVBViewer (full version) SW & the Sonic Cinemaster filters.

P4 2.53, 512, Radeon 9700Pro, WinXP + SP1.
CPU usage = 25 - 35 %

Rittberg

Originally posted by Rittberg
I can confirm that I am running Euro1080 perfectly smooth( 1920 X 1080P @ 75Hz ) using the SS2, DVBViewer (full version) SW & the Sonic Cinemaster filters.

P4 2.53, 512, Radeon 9700Pro, WinXP + SP1.
CPU usage = 25 - 35 %

Rittberg

Let's have some mpegs then !

Originally posted by RecordablDVDfan
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /files/Euro1080 - New Sample.zip on this server.

Opps,

If you like to test your system you can go to :
http://www.dvico.com/hdtv/download.asp

And you will find several clips(Don't DL the SD).

BTW - I don't know how to upload a large MPEG file from my HTPC :)

Rittberg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom