1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euro 1080 on PC which solution ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by helipilot, Oct 1, 2004.

1. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Does anyone have strong feelings for or against either of these cards.

Technotrend Budget2 S1000CI €93

Skystar 1 CI Card €100

They are both available from www.dvbshop.net. The Skystar is appealing because it has the ci slot built into the card whereas the technotrend requires the use of an additional pci bay.

I currently have a skystar2 but am thinking about a solution that will allow me to view encrypted HD1 (Euro 1080). However I am not convinced there is much in the program schedules that would make me buy the card just yet :rolleyes:

2. Abstrakt

Abstrakt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I use this card and it works flawlessly with an official Irdeto CAM + Euro1080 smartcard using MyTheatre v3.19 RC3.

The only problem I’ve had with the Budget2 is that it won’t tune in transponders with low symbol rates -- a real showstopper if you’re into feed-hunting. :( Even though this card is supposed to be an OEM version of the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-CI, I’m guessing its tuner is actually different than the one used on real Nova cards; since the Novas reportedly work fine with low symbol rates.

I got around this limitation by keeping my SkyStar 2 in the system as well; it doesn’t cause any conflicts with the Technotrend card. The SS2 rev. 2.3 also happens to be the best card for feed-hunting, due to its automatic symbol rate detection. But if using two DVB cards is too clumsy a solution for you, I’d recommend going with the Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-CI instead.

Cheers.

3. Archos27

Archos27
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is a DVB-S card the only way to get HDTV in a PC? Does any of pluggedins products work for this?