• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

EU Supplier for Omaura/Karma/Aumro products

neosenate

Standard Member
Hi,

After months of finding components for my new HTPC build I finally settled on a case - the Omaura TF5/8.

I emailed Aumro in the UK to ask where they had suppliers and they told me they didn't have any in the UK but could import from China through them. The prices for shipping are absolutely ridiculous!

The TF8 = Euro 149.00
The Oled = Euro 76.00
The IR Kit = 31.00
Shipping door to door service = Euro 168.00

Does anyone know of any EU suppliers of Omaura products that would ship to the UK? Are they even in business any more?

I've had a look on specialtech and they don't have any in at the moment.

With thanks

neosenate

Standard Member
Ok after doing a little emailing around I found that neither KustomPCs nor Specialtech have any Omaura products in stock and that there are distribution problems with all their products.

Incidently after I asked the UK manufacturer (karmadigital) about the TF5 and TFHDD price, I recieved this as a reply,

The TF5 is Euro 130.00. Regarding the TFHDD it is Euro 178.00. However, we are not manufacturing the TFHDD at present. We are sourcing a new supplier for the eSATA 5 in 1 multiplier as our current supplier in Taiwan has ceased trading.

Which doesn't really bode well! Does anyone have any EU contacts or want to sell?

Thanks

jmcardle

Established Member
I'm also interested in these - the TF11 specifically.

I've e-mailed Karma Digital asking for stockist info. I'll update with a reply once I receive it

jmcardle

Established Member
I'm also interested in these - the TF11 specifically.

I've e-mailed Karma Digital asking for stockist info. I'll update with a reply once I receive it

E-mail reply received:

"We do not have any distributors at the moment, but you are able to purchase direct from ourselves coming from China.

TF5 = Euro 130.00
TF8 = Euro 149.00
TF11 = Euro 164.00
TT = Euro 278.00
Oled = Euro 76.00
IR = Euro 31.00
Plus shipping cost

Regards"

Shipping info is quoted as 3-5 business days direct from their factory in China (see forum post here: Karma Support Forum • View topic - What About Shipping and Packaging?)

I've replied asking for shipping costs.

jmcardle

Established Member
Did you ever get an answer?

Yup, shipping cost for the TF11 is 128 Euros.

However, I raised a question around display brightness as I have a darkened room. They volunteered that it might not be for me as the logo, dial and OLED are illuminated and cannot be dimmed. They (Vijay, actually) was even good enough to send a photo.

Based on that, I'm not buying one. Shame cos they fit the bill perfectly otherwise

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,546
Last edited:

JC2009

Standard Member
Shame, it was working out too expensive, I think I will just go for the antec 2480, shame about no stealth bay, but other than that fits the bill, especially on price!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom