Eu Have Told Boris Johnson He Has 12 Days To sort Brexit...

Usual media trap: the headline does not reflect the content of the article.

...Unless all EU 'states' agree the UK has 12 days and not just two heads of state.

*** Daily Mail Click bait...

Trying to avoid the reporting to be honest. But I caught the evening news and it said that the EU had voted to accept the extension without any conditions to avoid a No Deal.

I read this as the EU are going to do all they can to block No Deal not threaten to impose it.

Personally, I see this, and have for some time, a combined and co-ordinated action by UK MPs and the EU to confound and block any sort of Brexit.

Cheers,

Nigel

Trying to avoid the reporting to be honest. But I caught the evening news and it said that the EU had voted to accept the extension without any conditions to avoid a No Deal.

I read this as the EU are going to do all they can to block No Deal not threaten to impose it.

Personally, I see this, and have for some time, a combined and co-ordinated action by UK MPs and the EU to confound and block any sort of Brexit.

Cheers,

Nigel

Even Viktor Orban won't veto an extension!

And Boris will have to quit (or die in a ditch, his words, not mine) if he can't get a deal because he said he doesn't want to ask for an extension. And if he doesn't ask for one and stays in power, he will be breaking the law.

It also shows that the EU are scared to death of the UK leaving without a deal.

Cheers,

Nigel
How's that?

It shows to me that the EU leadership is not as bad or antagonistic as the right wing media portrays them, nothing more.

How's that?

It shows to me that the EU leadership is not as bad or antagonistic as the right wing media portrays them, nothing more.

Because in the past they have said that they are losing patience and will only consider an extension if the UK explains how they will use it and that it is long enough to achieve that.

They have threatened that if the UK can't agree to their deal then they will have to leave without one.

Now they are prepared to accept a tiny extension with no indication of how it will be used. In other words they will do anything to stop a no-deal, and if you think they are doing that for the good of the UK then you are deluded.

They have reached the points where they have realised that their threats of no-deal might come true and they are wobblingling.

Cheers

Nigel

Because in the past they have said that they are losing patience and will only consider an extension if the UK explains how they will use it and that it is long enough to achieve that.

They have threatened that if the UK can't agree to their deal then they will have to leave without one.

Now they are prepared to accept a tiny extension with no indication of how it will be used. In other words they will do anything to stop a no-deal, and if you think they are doing that for the good of the UK then you are deluded.

They have reached the points where they have realised that their threats of no-deal might come true and they are wobblingling.

Cheers

Nigel
I don't think they are doing anything for the benefit of the UK. They just don't care either way, and are willing to let us get on with it in our own time.

Thr reason for that is because we are a small fish in an internationally huge ocean and the only people who don't realise this are Boris and Moggyboy.

They all dance around things then throw in a Punch and Judy show for good luck.

Also of note in that article:

The US has joined condemnation of Boris Johnson's outrageous treatment by the Luxembourg PM - saying it shows why the UK wants to leave the EU.
US ambassador Woody Johnson said Xavier Bettel clearly wanted to 'trap' the premier during his visit to the country this week.
He said Britain was a powerful nation and confirmed that the United States would always support and defend the United Kingdom.

As long as the US can use us.
Remember - these are the people who selected Trump and before that Sarah Palin (for VP).
They are also reversing pollution control.

I don't think they are doing anything for the benefit of the UK. They just don't care either way, and are willing to let us get on with it in our own time.

Thr reason for that is because we are a small fish in an internationally huge ocean and the only people who don't realise this are Boris and Moggyboy.

A small fish? We're bigger than the 18 smallest EU economies put together, the second biggest net contributor, the second biggest economy in the EU, the 5th biggest in the world.

The Irish economy will tank if we leave with no deal.

The only people who do not realise this are remainers.

He (Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay) told the Committee that the EU had set three tests for any new proposal. First, it must avoid any infrastructure on the border that would be incompatible with the Good Friday Agreement. Second, it must protect the integrity of the EU’s single market. Third, it mustn’t involve any checks on the island of Ireland.

Barclay said that the UK could meet the first two of these tests, but not the third. He said that there was no point in presenting any detailed proposals until the EU shifted on the question of checks. One government source explains that if the UK did the ‘EU would nuke the proposals and we would be in chaos’.

The bloated bureaucratic organisation thinks the UK is 'small fish', in other words all of us, and not worth any effort other than to keep us in the EU, paying them with our hard-earned tax.

Hence the arrogant non-negotiable attitude aimed at the UK from the high pedestal tabled untouchable senior bureaucrats.

Also of note in that article:

The US has joined condemnation of Boris Johnson's outrageous treatment by the Luxembourg PM - saying it shows why the UK wants to leave the EU.
US ambassador Woody Johnson said Xavier Bettel clearly wanted to 'trap' the premier during his visit to the country this week.
He said Britain was a powerful nation and confirmed that the United States would always support and defend the United Kingdom.

The U.S. would always support us? Not sure about that.

BP disaster: Obama kept calling it British Petroleum which is accurate. But note the emphasis on "British". Yes, he was putting the blame on us.

Recently they turned down our request for help when our ship was seized by the Iranians. The EU did support us.

If you think the UK is a small fish you are very much mistaken!
In relation to the EU,

‘The EU, taken as a whole is the UK’s largest trading partner. In 2018, UK exports to the EU were £289 billion (46% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £345 billion (54% of all UK imports).’
If Britain leaves without a deal, make no mistake, the EU will be in trouble.
That is why we are seeing some conciliatory movement on their part. This is a change from the Barnier strategy, which was to set the timetable, the conditions and just about everything else.

If you think the UK is a small fish you are very much mistaken!
In relation to the EU,

‘The EU, taken as a whole is the UK’s largest trading partner. In 2018, UK exports to the EU were £289 billion (46% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £345 billion (54% of all UK imports).’
If Britain leaves without a deal, make no mistake, the EU will be in trouble.
That is why we are seeing some conciliatory movement on their part. This is a change from the Barnier strategy, which was to set the timetable, the conditions and just about everything else.

Selectively quoting statistics doesn't help anyone. Put those figures into the context of overall EU trade figures...Total EU imports in 2018 were 1.980 trillion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom