1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Etymotic v Shure

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Big Kev, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Big Kev

Big Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've been using the E2c's for nearly a year and am well impressed with them, but I've been hearing a lot about the Etymotic ER6i's and wondered if they are better than the Shure's, as I might give them a go.

What's your preferrence, or are there any other similar earphones that are even better for the price?

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    They're clearer for sure, but they're a little 'deader'. Not as bouncy in sound and not as bassy (if the E2c could be called bassy).

The ER-6i's do isolate more with the (much more expensive) foam tips. I don't like the way the ER-6i's sound myself, but I use them on flights since they isolate so well. In fact, out of all the foam tips on generic in-earphones I've found the ones shipped with the ER-6i the best balance of comfort (relatively speaking, since the 6i tips still irritate me) and isolation. The Ety 4 foam tips is like sandpaper to my canals, the Shure short foamies don't isolate as much.

3. Big Kev

Big Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Cheers for that mate and I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the Future Sonic EM3's, as I've found them for £70, would they be an improvement over the Shures and how do they hold up to the E3c's?

4. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Have a looksee at this thread and see my posts in it.

5. Big Kev

Big Kev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I saw that mate, but just wanted too see if any others had opinions, no offence, just trying to get as much input as possible, as I don't want to waste any dosh, if I won't get much of an improvement over the E2c's.