Etymotic Evo In Ear Monitor Review & Comments

McCol

Nice review @Ed Selley

I've been debating whether to buy the Evo. I have been an Etymotics fan for years and love my Er4sr.

Still undecided on these though, I've read elsewhere that they don't quite have the accuracy of the er4 series.

wl1

The thinness of the wire means it’s a case of when it fails, not if…

Badger Mushroom

Had some etymologics a few years back, and although the sound was good the durability was absolutely awful. Luckily got them from the Apple store and they replaced 3 of 4 pairs before I gave up on them. Each one lasted 6 months or less before the cables gave in. Good sound, awful quality

iamsludge

Years ago, my ER4P lasted me 3 years before I had to get the cable replaced (wrapping and uncoiling it twice every single work day for the commute took it’s toll). I now have both the ER4SR and ER4XR in addition to my replacement ER4P and love each of them. I even rate their bluetooth cable highly so am a fan of the brand. I would be intrigued to try the Evo but if I’m honest can’t think of a sensible reason to part with the cash until my current Etys cease to work. Maybe one day they’ll make a true wireless.

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Every set of earphones I own, if you can change the cable, I do. Some are just not that good or you can basically get better/nicer. However, none of the original cables seems to be as bad as these. They massively cheaped out on these

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom