Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Etymotic ER-6 or ER-6i?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Kastro, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Kastro

Kastro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am looking for a new pair of phones' for my sony NW-HD1 and hvae decided that, for under fifty quid, these are the best (unless anyone has any other suggestions)?, but which ones, the er6 or the er6i? apparently there is a big difference? Help is much needed!
    thanks guys :clap:

edit: after more rooting my mind is swaying towards the shure e2c's. any recommendations before i go and buy would be great. Cheers.

kas

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Well, the ER6's aren't under £50 - typically £80, with the 6i's a tenner more.
    I found the 6's to be fine with the iPod but it does have a lift on the treble, so whilst initially sounding good, they might lean toward brightness during prolonged usage.
    I certainly wouldn't want to use long term with highish volume setting - hf loss could set in as a result.

My opinion of them, here.