1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Etymotic ER-4P Laymans Review

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Tobez, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok been reading this forum for a few months now trying to decide which In ear headphones to get,

I have an Ipod and i can safely say the earphones that come with it are poo, I purchased some sony fontopias, the £35.00 ones and loved them, but unfortunatly lost then so i decided to buy or try buy something better. I didnt want silly daft Dave lee Travis 1s , as i personally think people LOOK a @~@@ in em Personal walkmans are personal not an advert, anyway ive been reading reviews etc on headphones from here and other sources and came to 3 choices Koss PLUGS, Shures, or ETYmotic 4p, now the plugs are cheap but seem to do the job, the shures seem ok but ive had mixed reviews on them so not convinced, the 4p get good everywhere but are a fortune.

Yesterday i decided i was going to get the 4ps and have done with the dilemma, they came this morning. My first opinions, NO Bass oo eck what have i bought.

I stuffed on the foam plugs and popped the rubber ones into the box, and picked another track, oooooooooooooooooo the sound was flippin crystal and then the BASS, niceeeeeeee the first was a dodgy MP3. So are they worth it, Im not going to be bias and say 5 stars cos ive just blown 239 quid but i have a feeling there gonna be good, as i break them in. But i must say this, ive never heard anything so clear i can hear everything. so my advice to you guys outthere who add endless threads to this forum, if you want sub £50 quid inear phones get the sonys there good and sound great, If you have over 100 to spend. then your nuts anyway so whats another 130, to own the leetist pair there is , well apart from them 900 doller 1s. Shures i cant comment on.

So go on do it get ya Visa out and go for it. i,ll give an update on how they sound after ive baked em by the pool in spain. Hope i helped anyway, i know alot of you on here are audiophiles and may disagree but my word is for us amautuars who have no idea what you go on about and just want bad beats and crystal sounds :)

p.S if you need that MAD BASS then stay at home and get some GRADOS and a valve amp :p

Tob

2. Tobez

Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just plugged em into my Laptop. Man another world, im sure i heard Phil collins drummer burp.

Think the IPODS needs a volume boost :)