ethernet?

riprse

iv just read this in a guide

At this time, to access the internet you will need to connect the PS3 via ethernet (hopefully the inbuilt wifi will get drivers soon).

does this mean i can no longer run my ps3 wireless & will have to use a cable in order to access the internet? . if so that sucks
i know from that line it seems pretty self explanatory but im hoping i have misinterpreted it

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
iv just read this in a guide

At this time, to access the internet you will need to connect the PS3 via ethernet (hopefully the inbuilt wifi will get drivers soon).

does this mean i can no longer run my ps3 wireless & will have to use a cable in order to access the internet? . if so that sucks
i know from that line it seems pretty self explanatory but im hoping i have misinterpreted it

It means that you cant run Linux wirelessly, thats all.

riprse

ok that still sucks for me. as i will need to have cable half round the house in order to use linux

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Well like you said its only until they create a driver for it, seeing as I have a 20Gb PS3 I dont have that option so whenever I want to go online with the PS3 I have to trail a 10m cable round the house lol

psikey

Distinguished Member
Fortunately I'm hardwired via ethernet with my PS3 so don't use it's wireless. Linux works fine via ethernet.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom