Ethernet cable only able to get 100mbps?

Rips are pretty much all I use, buy disk, rip to PC, transfer to Nas. I've never sat and timed a transfer yet, might do today if I remember.

Prior to getting Future Fibre 500 my FTTC speeds were 65/18 and to be honest I had no issues with it streaming to a TV/PC/PS5, nothing noticeable. Just tested now and got an average (three tests) 502/71 14ms latency and ...no difference unless I'm downloading large files which come down a lot faster. Router here is Amazon Eero Pro 6 pluged into a TP-Link switch box, works really well.

Hi

Just purchased the eero pro 6 (x2) as well, hopefully i'm happy with it. Its replacing my asus ac86u router.
Any tips with settings/placement or is it pretty straight forward.

Also do you bother with that secure subscription?

Missed your post sorry, no I've not gone with secure subscription. I keep Windows security and Malwarebytes up to date.

You'll be sorted out by now but I just plugged in a five port switch box, plugged lines in and that was that, I was up and running. I'm very happy with the Eero Pro 6.

Hi

Need a little help, please!

Recently upgraded my broadband (Virgin media) and should be getting speeds of 200mbps but I can only get about a 100mbps via a category 5e Ethernet cable. On my phone and tablet I can get 200+

The cable says 'U/UTP Network 5E stranded patch cable 26AWG x 4P' on it and is 30m long

Do I need a better cable or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance
Just echoing what the other guys have said. Definitely need a 1GB switch.
If you have any IP devices such as IP phones, it will be worth investing in a PoE switch instead of just a data switch.

As in my post above a Gigabit USB network adapter is a workaround as long as your laptop has USB 2.0 or above.

Amazon product ASIN B010SEARPU
Note I'm not recommending that particular item, It's just the first hit on Amazon.
USB 2.0 is 480 Mbps, and so will default to 100 Mbps link speed with a Gb adapter

USB 2.0 is 480 Mbps, and so will default to 100 Mbps link speed with a Gb adapter

No @Cameron583, I have one it connects at 1000Mbps link speed with full duplex, as the USB speed does not have any link to the link speed, clearly, it won't be able to push data through due to the USB2 limitations. I get north of 200Mbps on mine which is sufficient for most purposes.

No @Cameron583, I have one it connects at 1000Mbps link speed with full duplex, as the USB speed does not have any link to the link speed, clearly, it won't be able to push data through due to the USB2 limitations. I get north of 200Mbps on mine which is sufficient for most purposes.

Strange, I’ve also got a gigabit Ethernet adapter, and when connected to USB 2.0 my broadband speed tops out at 96 Mbps, compared to 930 when connected to USB 3.1

What’s that connected to and from? Assume you have double checked the cables.

My managed switch reports both at 1,000Mbps (still have quite a few devices at 100Mbps and one ancient device at 10Mbps half duplex…)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom