Eternals Movie Review & Comments

You have to watch it in a 4D cinema to get the full impact, especially of the action scenes. I’ll watch it on the tv as it’s on Disney+ to compare the experience but it wont be the same.

Boxed this off last night. Will post some more thoughts in the 'Watched' thread later, but I have to say I concur with many that it wasn't great.

I think the problems all stem from the script. It was all over the place and as such the story just didn't work. There was nothing wrong with the plot, it was just executed in such a haphazard way it detracted from the premise of the story.

The ending unfortunately was a muddled mess too, but that was a product of there just being too many cooks to manage for a final battle. The Deviants were wasted as well, as where a few of the protagonists even.

The casting was a letdown also. I just wasn't impressed with any of them. And Madden's impression of a 2×4 was shocking. I get he was meant to be the grunt following orders, but it still doesn't mean you imitate a block of wood. Even when he was meant to exhibit a human quality.

I did enjoy though the Celestial element, and I liked the idea of the Eternal role in the universe, with them all being handed different powers to fulfil that destiny. It looked great and a few of the set pieces were nicely done. The smaller scale conflicts worked better than the final one.

I think with the other offerings in the MCU to set it against though, I'm hovering around 6/10 right now. Which puts it at the bottom end.

There will obviously be a sequel, but it's going to need to step up. Zhao though is no slouch, if she is indeed going to helm it.

Boxed this off last night. Will post some more thoughts in the 'Watched' thread later, but I have to say I concur with many that it wasn't great.

I think the problems all stem from the script. It was all over the place and as such the story just didn't work. There was nothing wrong with the plot, it was just executed in such a haphazard way it detracted from the premise of the story.

The ending unfortunately was a muddled mess too, but that was a product of there just being too many cooks to manage for a final battle. The Deviants were wasted as well, as where a few of the protagonists even.

The casting was a letdown also. I just wasn't impressed with any of them. And Madden's impression of a 2×4 was shocking. I get he was meant to be the grunt following orders, but it still doesn't mean you imitate a block of wood. Even when he was meant to exhibit a human quality.

I did enjoy though the Celestial element, and I liked the idea of the Eternal role in the universe, with them all being handed different powers to fulfil that destiny. It looked great and a few of the set pieces were nicely done. The smaller scale conflicts worked better than the final one.

I think with the other offerings in the MCU to set it against though, I'm hovering around 6/10 right now. Which puts it at the bottom end.

There will obviously be a sequel, but it's going to need to step up. Zhao though is no slouch, if she is indeed going to helm it.
I have some inherent bias for some of the characters and actors, but putting those aside, I think that's a fair review.

Worst Marvel movie outing
Even beating Captain Marvel
Let’s hope they put this to bed like they did that too.
Generous 5/10

The IMAX scenes were a distraction. I was expecting the whole film in IMAX and for it not to change ratio 5 times in one scene.
Poor advert for the IMAX enhanced side of things and not a great film in general.

Started watching this earlier and got about 3/4 of the way through it when I had to stop and do the kids dinner. I've never been so thankful for having to stop something to cook dinner...

I'm not sure when I'm going to go back and finish it - what a load of pap!

There is no way this is a Marvel production. I think Disney let Nickelodeon loose in their studio's with the scraps bin and a few SFX from Shang-Chi and Dr Strange...

Watched it this afternoon and it wasn’t the best use of part of my weekend.
Whilst I really wanted to like it, there was just very little to like about the characters sadly.

At Least it was PC enough for todays audience…

I watched this last night. I can’t understand all the negativity around it. I really enjoyed it. It’s never going to be a marvel best because it’s just too big of a concept to actually put on film. My issue is there is no way this movie can be intertwined with the other marvel movies which marvel is a genius at doing. The concepts are just too big! IMAX was a welcome, didn’t find it distracting at all. Just like the Batman movies.

Gave this a watch over the weekend. Average at best. As discussed here I think the scripting was poor, the storyline was very clunky and the casting was particularly woeful. Did not care for any of them even with Jolie et al. And then there was certain characters who were just left out for most of the movie prior to the ending!

certainly up there with the weakest of the lot thus far and certainly needs to up its game for the 2nd outing. just about scrapes a 3/5 from me. Will not be rushing to rewatch this anytime soon

I know i was ready for this as i'd been in here but i only managed a bit over half and finally gave up as it was garbage

FB_IMG_1642618981524.jpg

Not a big fan of MCU but thought I'd give this a go before my subscription runs out.
I'm watching this now and the fact I'm looking at AVF at the same time says it all.

What happened to Angelina Jolie? She's dreadful in this. The other leads are not much better, and there are too many of them.

Thankfully the wife will be in soon so I can turn it off. I probably wont finish it; extra scenes during the credits are so yesterday and they are a big turnoff.

Watched it as a two parter. Some good bits, some bad. Hopefully the follow up Movie is more convincing.

Any Movie that kills off Salma Hayek will always have some problems fo me

Just watched on Disney+ and enjoyed it. Nothing particularly new in terms of the inner conflict within the group once they discovered their true purpose. However, I don’t get the negativity and thought two and a half hours flew by. I really want to see what happens next (assuming it doesn’t go down as a flop and not get the follow up).

It’s really the first MCU movie that I didnt enjoy. I hope this doesn’t set the standard for Phase 4.

Late as ever to the party - just couldn’t enjoy it. Storyline was clunky and poor - it didn’t bring me in at all.

Characters were weak.

Some action sequences were good.

4/10 from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom