esp infinite prime alarm

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by robh123, Nov 27, 2010.

1. robh123

robh123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have the Esp Infinite Prime alarm system which i very happy with. I have the Gsm module in it. I was having problems with the SIM card getting enough reception, so have got a new SIM on a different network. The problem i have is everytime i try to open the panel to fit it, the tamper switch is obviously triggered and the alarm sounds. Is there anyway of disarming this or opening the panel to get inside without the alarm going off. Would be very greatful for any help
    Many thanks
    Rob

2. saqibq

saqibq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, did you get anywhere with this? I was wondering the same as well. Am having some trouble setting up the GSM to get any signal but am too annoyed for every time the tamper switch to kick in. There must be a way to disable it in some sort of installation mode perhaps?

3. lectureman

lectureman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This might not be a help if you don't have one but I use a keyfob to turn off any tamper alarms etc that happen while I'm doig installer type stuff on my system. Have you tried being logged into the panel using the installer code? I don't know if that suppresses the tamper alarm, but it might be worth trying

4. saqibq

saqibq
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info lectureman, I have it sorted now. The main problem with my alarm was a dead GSM module (even though ESP claim that's not possible!!!!)

Got a new alarm and a new sim card (o2 this time) and it all works. To get around the tamper switch, during install I simply unplugged the internal bell, worked a treat.

Now I need to find an easy way to configure the sms and test it. Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

5. candg

candg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Anyone got there panel to interface with X10 yet ? Takes some fiddling but works a treat now.

Graham