Escape room recommendations

FishDUDE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've done maybe about 15 escape rooms over the last few years and have decided to more good ones and use that as a reason to visit places on short breaks and holidays.
Does anyone else here do them and have any recommendations for well designed immersive experiences? ideally looking for ones that are playable with two people although can drag the kids along occasionally if they're suitable.

The best I've played so far was the lost treasure in Berlin and I've booked a few in Hamburg and Berlin for a short break in November. UK wise the ones at the summer hall in Edinburgh were pretty good.

I quite fancy the war of the world thing in London even though it's not technically an escape room

I've done maybe about 15 escape rooms over the last few years and have decided to more good ones and use that as a reason to visit places on short breaks and holidays.
Does anyone else here do them and have any recommendations for well designed immersive experiences? ideally looking for ones that are playable with two people although can drag the kids along occasionally if they're suitable.

The best I've played so far was the lost treasure in Berlin and I've booked a few in Hamburg and Berlin for a short break in November. UK wise the ones at the summer hall in Edinburgh were pretty good.

I quite fancy the war of the world thing in London even though it's not technically an escape room
They sound great fun but after all the escape room movies I've seen I'd be in a state of abject terror from the moment I entered...out of curiosity is there ever any attempt to appear threatening or do they all just go for challenging?

Last edited:
They sound great fun but after all the escape room movies I've seen I'd be in a state of abject terror from the moment I entered...
I've read some of the Russian ones can be a little extreme with zip ties and kidnappings being part of the game, I believe you choose simulated fight or real plus vodka - don't think that would be allowed here - sounds more like the game with Michael Douglas

Did one once in Brighton. Was rendered impossible by the people running it not putting some things back exactly where they should have been after the previous people had finished. Haven’t been inclined to even think about doing another one.

Did one once in Brighton. Was rendered impossible by the people running it not putting some things back exactly where they should have been after the previous people had finished. Haven’t been inclined to even think about doing another one.
That would be a bummer, I hope they didn't charge you for it?

There is one in Birmingham, that is set inside a working lift shaft that is meant to be really immersive and worth the money. A guy who runs a site in Reading recommended it to me and my missus.

I believe it's called the Hellevator.

I'm going to have to somehow do this as it sounds great fun!

Have done a couple in the past with some crew that were up for it.

Not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon. Can’t remember the name of either of them, though I guess KL and Chile would be pushing it anyway, just to visit an escape room!

Not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon. Can’t remember the name of either of them, though I guess KL and Chile would be pushing it anyway, just to visit an escape room!
I've never heard of them til this thread! Knew about going on zombie experiences and things like that.

There is place 2 minutes from me in Telford that has a few rooms.
Only played one so far but it was great fun.
Can't wait to play another.

That would be a bummer, I hope they didn't charge you for it?
I honestly can’t remember, it was a few years ago. Whatever it cost would have been insignificant compared to the cost of parking anyway, I’m sure.

Didn’t completely ruin it and was quite near the end. It was okay apart from that fly in the ointment, just don’t think they’re my sort of thing really.

Whatever it cost would have been insignificant compared to the cost of parking, I’m sure.

y

Yeah maybe a little far, unless we are passing through.

My daughter worked in an Houdini themed one, where 1 party was locked inside a coffin and the others hand cuffed...

Was quite good fun!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom