• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Escape from Tarkov

majnu

Distinguished Member

• Hardcore online action RPG/Simulator in a contemporary Russian setting. In Escape from Tarkov, everything hinges on the player and their ability to adapt, survive and overcome any obstruction.
  • Story-oriented game advancement with unique quest elaboration. By completing missions and tasks, players not only learn the history of the Tarkov conflict, but also increase their chances to survive and escape the hot zone.
  • Next-level realism. Escape from Tarkov is a combat simulator that includes a multitude of hazardous influences. Player actions are influenced by numerous factors, from character’s injuries and physical state to environmental effects.
  • Absolute freedom of actions and character control. the game employs 100% realistic ballistics, a full procedural effect system, absolute control of movement, interaction with environment, stealth actions and more. Escape from Tarkov also employs advanced system weapon handling and customization.
  • Unique skills and character progress system. The character receives different types of experience depending on what they are doing. The player can improve more than 100 skills that are separated into 4 types: physical, cognitive, combat and practical.
  • Individual game progress and choice of tactics. Raids on enemy bases, stealth operations, cooperative missions, trading, exploring, collecting resources, radio communications – in Tarkov, every player finds something for themselves.
  • AI-controlled economy influenced by players. The character can barter useful resources, engage in auction activities or open their own business with subordinates and systems.
  • Multitude of offline activities. Healing, trading, spying, weapons improvement and customization, management of loot stashes, researches, etc.
  • Escape from Tarkov is planning for a closed beta test in early 2016.

Looks like a Stalker & Insurgency hybrid which isn't a bad thing.

fliegenaffe

Woah! This looks brilliant

ohh_danielson

Distinguished Member
Sounds great. Didn't compare it to the division at all until he said it, but I guess it does sound kinda similar, but way more in depth.

Could be good, defo one to keep an eye on.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Developer diaries #1 and #2.

fliegenaffe

Developer diaries #1 and #2.

I watched the normal Russian version of the second developer's diary, as the translator on the English voice over version, sounded like he'd been at the vodka. This game is shaping up nicely. Never played anything like this (DayZ etc)

fliegenaffe

This Saturday Battlestate games will be doing a live stream of Escape from Tarkov, on Twitch. The English stream will be at 18:00 utc, which means it should be 19:00 for us, because of British summertime. They'll be uploading it later to their youtube channel anyway. It'll be running for about 90 minutes

Hawklord

I have been watching some streams of this and it looks awesome. I have pre-ordered the standard edition which has 20& off if you pre-order.

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Just a quick warning - it is apparently Pay to win (you get powerful items from the expensive pre-order options) and there are plenty of hackers already on the alpha servers.

Escape From Tarkov • /r/EscapefromTarkov
Was wondering what the source was, ah - Reddit.

You can still get the items playing PvE and then take what you find into PvP. These different packs seem to act more of a shortcut, crazy really when you can lose everything very easily. I don't see it as being much different to buying card packs in Hearthstone which is more 'Pay to Jump Ahead', but the items are certainly attainable without the extra spend. The only unique item comes in the form of a container with no clear description of what that actually is. My main question though would be whether the size of stash you can have can also be upgraded or whether that is fixed depending on the level you buy in at.

As for the hacking claims, I noticed a few state this due to opposing players not dying as quickly as attackers thought they should, however there were lots of server issues, plus it is still in alpha. Is it possible it could have been hacked? Yes, of course. Is it possible it was lag, or issues with the MP code, or some other alpha related issue? Yes.

Last edited:

DeanE

Distinguished Member
I have been watching some streams of this and it looks awesome. I have pre-ordered the standard edition which has 20& off if you pre-order.
I have been keeping an eye on this for a while now. Not quite ready to drop any money on it yet as it is still a bit too early, but have to admit, the streams did look really good. Looked very intense, especially the factory footage.

Hawklord

Or he had armour on...

It is still only in alpha so there is still a lot of work to be done on the game. I bought in at the lowest amount so not a biggie if it doesn't live up to expectations on release. What I have seen of it on Sacriel's streams it looks really tense and tacticle (if you like that kinda thing).

:)

DeanE

Distinguished Member
Guessing you didn't watch the clip of Lirik? shot a guy maybe 30 times at close blank range with no effect, then Lirik got one-shotted. Could of been lag, maybe.
Yes I saw that very clip, I ended up watching streams from Lirik, Summit1G, Sacriel and AnthonyKongphan, all playing the game and all had similar issues at some point. I recall Lirik responding to 'hacker' claims, no doubt coming from his chat and he certainly didn't commit to that stance, understanding that he was playing an alpha and that there were also server issues all night.

It could quite possibly have been a hacker, if so, a new low, hacking a game in alpha to win = :facepalm: Although I would probably guess at lag and dodgy hit response as a result.

Hawklord

Love how they a game costs a fortune to buy

£33 for a game these days isn't extortionate by any means imo. It's only expensive if you want to play it immediately. I can see myself putting in quite a few hours into this on release so will get my monies worth.

cnking

Na they give you stupid tiers and yes if you want to play it. Now which a lot of people
Can't and won't wait that's what I was point at like 70 quid to play now or something

Razorclam

The streams look great. Can't really figure out what the game is going to be. It looks like it could be the holy grail of a high risk, high reward objective based realism based shooter.
(Please be this!)

Foster

Distinguished Member
Well after someone trying to get in for 30 minutes, im out atm lol

Razorclam

Well after someone trying to get in for 30 minutes, im out atm lol

As I said, I've seen a fair bit of it over the wknd. Well, Sacriel streaming from install for around 6 hours. Experienced maybe 3 or 4 non game breaking bugs and fail to connects twice.
I'm just hoping that it will live up to What I've seen and read.
I do agree though Foster, jokes aside after we talked about it earlier. as a community we spend a lot of time riding hype trains that lead to nowhere.
Hopefully this one goes somewhere with warm sun and sandy beaches.

(Are we still talking about Tarkov?)

Foster

Distinguished Member
As I said, I've seen a fair bit of it over the wknd. Well, Sacriel streaming from install for around 6 hours. Experienced maybe 3 or 4 non game breaking bugs and fail to connects twice.
I'm just hoping that it will live up to What I've seen and read.
I do agree though Foster, jokes aside after we talked about it earlier. as a community we spend a lot of time riding hype trains that lead to nowhere.
Hopefully this one goes somewhere with warm sun and sandy beaches.

(Are we still talking about Tarkov?)

I think its best giving it a few more months at least.

Hawklord

I think a lot of the problems are due to the lack of servers they had available for the Alpha test. It seems as a result of the streams people have seen prompted a massive increase in people buying the package that included alpha testing as a result the servers are struggling to cope.

I hope this gets sorted for the open beta.

Hawklord

I have two trial codes which will give access to the game for a weeks trial.

This game is great at the moment (check out streams) and has loads of potential.

Please post if you would like a Key (Forum regulars only!)

majnu

Distinguished Member
I have two trial codes which will give access to the game for a weeks trial.

This game is great at the moment (check out streams) and has loads of potential.

Please post if you would like a Key (Forum regulars only!)

Do you get trial codes by logging into the forum, assuming that's how you got it? I signed up when the game was announced but never really visited the ETF forum on a regular basis.

Hawklord

If you log into your account on their site you will find the two codes (not on the forum) if you pre-ordered the game.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom