1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK R2. Release date?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FiggyD, Oct 13, 2004.

1. FiggyD

FiggyD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know when ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK SE is out on region 2? Some sites are showing it as an October release whilst others are showing May 2005????

2. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Funny, I was thinking of buying this yesterday. The cheapest place I can find the R1 is DVDSoon, but God only knows when they would ship it!

Play.com are showing the R2 as a Summer 2005 release!

3. malcy

malcy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The R2 has been delayed over 3 years now. I remember I had in on preorder from play sometime in 2001 / 2002, cancelled when the R1 SE was announced. I think there was a very rare and limited release in UK R2 in 1999 / 2000 but was only p/s can't remember the distributor.

Given this is an MGM release in R1 you will probably be in for a very long wait from DVDSoon. They seem to have major problems getting MGM stock probably as they have it so cheap (under £5 for back catalogue). Seem on various forums that they never get some of the titles. It took them 2.5 months to get an MGM one for me.

Also beware in R1 there is a very cheap 1 disk and a 2 disk SE which includes the original opening to the movie and other features.

4. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    CDWOW have this now:

http://www4.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=8101

Price is good (£13.24 with the forum's link, as above). This is the best offer I have seen (DVD Soon is a little cheaper, but as Malcy says it might be a long time coming!).

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention that this is the R1 edition, still no sign of the R2!

5. buckaroo

buckaroo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bought my copy December last year. :thumbsup: